“First-rate wood-fired pizza”
Review of Area Four

Area Four
Reserve with OpenTable
Area Four is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Area Four does wood-fired pizza right, no doubt about it. Great, toasty-crispy crust. Although I must confess, I probably wouldn't order the eggplant special again (eggplant with eggplant sauce, maybe too much of a good thing). Excellent beer list.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

My girlfriend and I were here for Sunday brunch. We ordered the veggie hot mess and the regular hot mess. Both dishes were excellent. Service was great!!. The Irish Coffee was tasty and the bloody mary was very good. I will definitely go back and do want to try the pizza. The pastries are also well done and the coffee is great.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

The Clam and Bacon Pizza just needed one more layer of flavor and it would have been fantastic! Far from bad, I think had I even just added some crushed red pepper it would have been amazing. That's why I'm only taking off one star for the food. Plus, everything else on the menu looks really good, and I'd definitely come back to try some other things like the hot mess. It even looks like somebody ordered the hot mess on a pizza - whoa!

I think the service could have been slightly better as well. I went alone, and didn't get too much attempts at chatter from the people behind the bar as I think I should have been. Note to the waitstaff: if you see somebody eating alone, at least try to be outgoing with them. If they don't want to chat, that's fine, but I really only noticed an effort once it came time for me to tip. That's where the other deduction came from.

It's not the cheapest place, but would probably be a good spot for a date given the still-not-terrible prices and the not-too-much-but-not-too-little portion sizes.

Also, the brunch cocktails look pretty delicious. Oh, and I came here for brunch on a Saturday. Didn't seem too crowded in the dining area from what I could see, and I immediately found a spot at the bar.

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

Truly delicious pizza and a great beer list. Service is friendly and attentive. The environs resembles an industrial park so it's not much of a setting. Seems to be an MIT-centric spot.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

Ordered a take-out pizza -- a large margherita -- and was very happily surprised at how great it was. The pizza crust was perfect -- extremely thin and crispy; the cheese, tomatoes, and basil were in just the right quantity, and the entire pizza was cooked perfectly in the wood-burning oven.