Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$149
Hotels.comUS$149
PricelineUS$149
eDreamsUS$149
travelup.comUS$166
Lol.travelUS$209
2,431 results
All reviews wine hour bambara restaurant charles river a pet friendly hotel mini bar museum of science shopping mall complimentary wine boston area the north end minute walk self parking living room front desk staff wonderful hotel boston skyline kayak
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2021

I hate writing this. I have always loved this hotel.

Beware; I have stayed at this hotel many many times so I have expectations. If you've never stayed at the Kimpton Marlowe before, you'll probably love it because it's a very good hotel. Read my previous review and you'll see that I've always been a fan.

Unfortunately, I experienced some unwelcome changes during this stay.

Check in and check out took a lot longer than before. It seems like the front desk staff might have been verbally abused by some customers because they came out of the gate apologetic - for no reason. Especially during checkout, they verbalized every little room charge, even if it was cancelled out by a credit. And apologized. Did I mention they apologized a lot. I understand that Covid has brought changes about for hecking in, but what rock would someone have to live under to not know most of the protocols around that?

The guy at the front door was new and he wasn't very good. He was not forthcoming with information, seemed to challenge me a few times, and generally behaved in an unhelpful and unfriendly manner. I miss the guy that worked the door before. The staff that answered the phone a few weeks before we arrived was helpful though; they helped us find a decent Covid testing centre.

The room has changed. The decor is not as unique and cool. Where did the leopard print bathrobes go? The fridge made a really loud high pitched noise that forced us to unplug it so we could sleep. The room is generally much more bland. Where did the memory board go? The TV was awesome though; loads of channels and a nice picture and good sound.

We were told that the restaurant was open for two hours around noon and from 5-7 PM. We got back to the hotel after 10 PM - after picking up food from a suermarket - and the restaurant was open. Hmph. I would rather have eaten at the restaurant. Oh, I don't think there's room service anymore either.

There was a wedding going on and there's nothing new about that, but the room next to us was having a pretty loud party until 1 AM or later. I've never experienced that before at this hotel. Nobody came to shut them down.

There used to be beer nuts during the wine and beer hour at 5 PM, but there were none to be found. The room you can drink your drinks in has been changed and is much more business-centre-like. I think there was only one couch. It's not a nice room anymore.

Generally, the hotel seems to have been the victim of some serious wear and tear along with some drab renovation strategies.

Considering we stayed at this hotel not long ago for about one third of the current price, I don't think it's worth the cost anymore. Oh, they still have kayaks and bikes you can use etc, it's really not a bad hotel, it's just not what I've come to expect. Especially for the cost.

Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank 335rikt
Joe Capalbo, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2021

I always appreciate the feedback from our repeat guests, so thank you so much for sharing.

Joe Capalbo, General Manager

Reviewed 15 November 2021 via mobile

Great place to stay!! The staff is incredible- front desk polite and so helpful! Was staying there for a wedding and the staff catering the wedding was amazing. Food was fantastic! The location was great - we walked every where. The hotel is next to a mall so that was perfect. Decor was beautiful- just a great place to stay!

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing, I love that you loved your visit!

Joe Capalbo, General Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2021

From what I could tell, no one at the Kimpton Marlowe front desk this weekend was old enough to have high school children. Yet it was with the zeal of a dad whose daughter lost a prized possession that a Mr. Rohlfing-Vega snapped into action. After a simple call two days later, he recovered the bag she left behind and it was on its way to Cleveland via UPS.

This was the last of many acts of kindness we were treated to by Kimpton Marlowe staff over our three nights there. From the white-glove treatment of our ramshackle borrowed car by the star parking attendant, to the instant resolution of a linen shortage, to the generous extension of dinner service when we arrived at closing time on our first night — the Kimpton Marlowe just kept delivering.

In my 40 years of travel I can report that classic, beautiful hotels in busy cities can sometimes get away with low-level inattention. “Sorry sir,” I’ve heard before, “We just can’t be responsible for something you left behind.” "We just closed. There are open restaurants up the block." "May I see your concierge floor pass?"

I’ve stayed at four Kimptons now — Boston, Cambridge, Philly and Baltimore — each remarkable in its own way, but all beautiful and staffed with friendly people.

Kimptons seem to be all about the nice touches and small favors: Complementary everything, including Polaroids and Go-Pros, a wine hour for guests, and bottled water. There’s fantastic music everywhere. (I learned that pre-pandemic there was a Kimpton Music Director who created distinct “musical identities” across the Kimpton portfolio.) There's a distinct Kimpton vibe, but a little different at every property. The service at each I've visited was friendly, but authentic. No one said "my pleasure" and rolled their eyes.

On this trip we were in Boston looking at colleges for our high school junior and senior, and it will be difficult to remain impartial; I hope at least one ends up there, so I can visit this hotel again.

In recent years as the kids grew up we’ve selected a city for them to see, then found a Kimpton. It occurred to me at the Kimpton Marlowe that all along we should have been selecting Kimptons, then touring the cities they’re in.

2  Thank Mike N
Joe Capalbo, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2021

Wow, I can't thank you enough for sharing your experience! I'm pretty lucky to have such a great group of people working here, thank you again and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 October 2021 via mobile

My boyfriend loved our 3 night stay at the Kimpton Marlowe. It was our first time staying here and we have decided that it will be in only place we stay when we visit Boston. The staff is incredibly warm, friendly, and accommodating. We felt so welcome from the moment we arrived. Woody, who works at the front desk, was incredibly kind and personable.

The rooms are gorgeous! They are modern, spacious, and impeccably clean. Every detail is well thought out.

The offer free coffee in the lobby every morning and free wine in the evening.

Thank you so much for the great experience. We can’t wait to be back

- Naz & Fatima

1  Thank fbazzi38
Joe Capalbo, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2021

Wow, this made my day! Thanks so much for sharing and we can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 25 October 2021 via mobile

We loved our stay at the Kimpton Marlowe. The weather was fabulous and we were able to use their complimentary bikes, helmets and locks. The front desk staff was awesome and so friendly and accommodating. We had a late race Sun and they were kind enough to allow us a late checkout. Love how they are SO dog friendly. We didn’t have our guys but loved seeing all the dogs there. The rooms were clean, updated and the housekeeping was great. Beds super comfy! Thank you for a wonderful stay! We will be back.

1  Thank loveboston1

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the bikes, hope you had fun at the race!