“A WOW DINNER WITH WOW SERVICE”
Review of Craigie on Main

Craigie on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Craigie on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 650 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St. and Mass. Ave
Transit: Central Square T Stop, the No. 1 bus at the Main Street stop
Reviewed 6 July 2016

They certainly know how to treat folks celebrating a special occasion: service and friendliness extraordinaire by Emilio and others. You can sense the camaraderie.
And, yes, the food: properly chilled, lightly spiced Great Island Oysters; Pennsylvania Dutch Country Chicken with nicely fried chicken leg and flavorful breast that sliced like butter, delicious veggies; Vt. Pork Three Ways, w/ a particularly special rib; quality Miso-Marinated Ribeye w/top-notch sweetbreads/veggie puree; mini tastings of seafood/fish raw and ceviche; mini entremets of apricot panna cotta and strawberry soups that were over-the-top good; excellent, balanced Bitter Chocolate Terrine (not that bitter) with caramel corn, and creme fraiche ice cream; and excellent, delicate Sheep's Milk Cheesecake w/sesame-matzoh crust and spiced cherries. Very good bread. And what would Craigie be without Bubbe's Shmaltz thrown into the cooking----and a little bit into Craigie's as well?

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

We had the pre fixe menu and the food was just Ok. Lots of unique dishes to chose from. I had the fried clams for an appetizer and the striped bass for the entree. Our entire party ordered the peach sorbet for dessert. We weren't told that they were out of it and plum sorbet just showed up at our table. We weren't asked if we would rather have a different dessert on the menu. It has an open kitchen which is extremely busy and the restaurant was very noisy. To conclude, it was overpriced.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Went here as a complete surprise with a good friend and I can say this was quite the experience. The restaurant is beautiful with lovely seating and I LOVE how the kitchen is open. Our server was wonderful and so was every other aspect of service (hostess, runners etc), very knowledgeable and informative. We ended up doing the 8 course meal and all I can say is WOW! The flavors were amazing and every course was the perfect amount. I loved how we didn't know what we would get with each course, adding to the surprise of the evening. Absolutely blown away by the entire evening and impressed beyond words. I also really liked how even though it was a restaurant that clearly had high end cuisine, I did not feel out of place with attire (wore a simple black summer dress) which I really liked. Very expensive but worth the experience. I highly recommend this restaurant for a date night or special occasion. This has left a lasting impression on me an truly was a once in a lifetime experience for me. Highly recommend and very impressed!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Don't expect a high-end formal restaurant here. This is a lively and noisy place, with open kitchen, paper tablemaps and a large bread basket. People drink and have fun. Food is OK. I did not try the wine.

The dish starts with a trio of promising seafood appetizers. Interesting and tasty.
I then had the pate-de-campagne for appetizer, which was OK, and a striped bass for entree. The bass came with nice clams and a salty sauce.

Service was fine.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

My daughter selected it and it was a good choice. The atmosphere is great with an open view on the kitchen activity that is one with the dining area. The wine selection was good and the food well prepared, presented and very good. We had oysters with Puligny Montrachet. Then sirloin and hake, the sirloin sliced thinly was perfect and the fish cooked just right to retain the moisture of the fish. We had Chambolle Musigny with it. The bone marrow was good and the toasted bread with it fine. The fiddlehead vegetable was a new discovery for me and I liked it. The cheese plate is fine and the bread with it. Careful with the initial bread basked as it was as fresh as it should be. I know Kayser is not around the corner but all details count. The service was attentive and pleasant. I will go back, we had a good time.