“that hit the spot”

Hana Sushi
Ranked #235 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 11 March 2017

prompt, friendly service and excellent advice. Exquisitely detailed presentation with great soups and even better maki dishes - especially the shrimp, salmon, and tempura. Hot saki and green tea ice cream also very good.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

We eat here about once a week because it's in the neighborhood. We are never disappointed and always have a nice relaxed time. My review is probably skewed because I have affection for the place, and I can't say I would tell people from out of town that they must visit, but this place gets extra points from me for reliability, excellent service, and friendliness.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Well worth the stop, all waitstaff there are helpful and friendly. I had an unagi,avocado & scallion handroll to start. Then went on to enjoy the Caterpillar, eel -cucumber and avocado.

Prices are reasonable and there is metered parking on Mass Ave.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

We used to go here more frequently, some of us sushi lovers, some of us less so. I used to get the salmon teriyaki which was quite good when rare. This time they said they could not cook the salmon as requested so I got chicken teriyaki. Awful, almost inedible and cold. The service was dreadful with only one waiter for a full house. The sushi was okay, but we will no longer eat here. New management maybe?

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Hana is a neighborhood gem, with really fresh and delicious sushi and impeccable service. There is the standard sushi and maki, but also more unique rolls if you want something different. They also have an excellent selection (albeit small) of Korean food; my favorite is the bibimbap. This is a family run restaurant and they always make you feel welcome. The decor is also classy and relaxing. While not fancy, they've made an effort with a beautiful mural on the walls and high ceilings.