“Very generous portions and nice food”
Review of Black Sheep Cafe

Black Sheep Cafe
Ranked #48 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Very conveniently located inside the Kendall Hotel - this is a great place to grab lunch or dinner.
Service is impeccable.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We were staying at the Kendall Hotel and were tired from traveling so we decided to have dinner here. As a rule of thumb, hotel restaurants are not always that great. However, the Black Sheep Café was a pleasant surprise. We were seated outside in the shade on a cozy patio. The atmosphere was lovely. I do not think it would work for a large group. We enjoyed the complimentary bread. I had a delicious salmon dish, and my young companion had a burger with homemade chips. I watched as entrees were brought to other tables, and everything looked delicious. It is not inexpensive, but cost seemed appropriate for the portion, taste, and location. I regret not having taken a picture but we were tired and hungry. When I thought about it, my food was long gone!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We chose this restaurant mainly because of its location. It was a short walk down to the river to view the fireworks. It's a nice intimate setting with a small outside patio. The food was good, the portions were perfect. Too often you get more than you can eat. It's a little pricey for what you get. It's more in line with $$$$.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Small, quaint place with only a handful of tables. Service was nice and efficient with multiple waiters filling our water and making sure we had what we needed. All four of us went for one of the specials, lobster sandwich (not a lobster roll). The bread was fresh and the lobster was plentiful. Fresh homemade chips and coleslaw to accompany one of the best lobster meals I have had. If the rest of the menu is crafted as well as this meal you can't go wrong.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Great place to stay first of all, but the Black Sheep is an excellent lunch or dinner place.
Cozy and with a wonderful staff of friendly folks. Their sandwiches and soups are great, but they excel with several salads, the skinny salad, with roasted chicken perfectly grilled, goat cheese, avocado, tomatoes and dried cranberries with a lemon dressing,
superb. Their taco salad is also worth mentioning with their locally sourced beef.