“My home away from home”

Algiers Coffee House
Ranked #316 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 September 2016

I have been here many many times over the past 30 years. It is still one of my favorite paces to go to in Harvard Square. I frequented the original Algiers cafe in Cambridge and continued to go even after they remodeled and took away the dirt floor. The food teas and desserts are really good, the ambiance is very special. I always get the mint tea, BLT sandwich which is awesome and the Basbousa dessert is to die for.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

After 45 minutes waiting for eggs, they eventually arrived cold. My husband had a cheese omelette which was literally a flat slice of cheese covered in egg. The rest of us had cold, overcooked poached eggs. We should have left but we were the only customers in the cafe and didn't think it could be so bad. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Great option for breakfast and lunch. Inexpensive, great location, delicious food with a cultural hint that isn't in your face.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast. Paid $4.50 for instant oatmeal that didn't include any fruit or nuts. Coffee was really bad. Iced coffee was twice as expensive and just as bad. I guess it was $2 for the ice cubes? Will not got back. The food explains why the restaurant was empty.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped by this coffee shop for a bite to eat. Service was terrible. Water was room temperature, no ice. Hummus was a plate of a liquid type substance with a bite of a cucumber and two small tomatoes. I would move on and not stop here.