“Cozy oasis”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Algiers is a cozy oasis, with fantastic atmosphere, food, and beverages. The falafel here is among the best I've had - not too dry and incredibly flavorful. You could sit here for hours among the Mediterranean decor and completely forget you're in the bustling Harvard square. I had the opportunity to go the last day before they closed their doors for good. I'm sad to see such a great institution disappear and will miss it.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I have been here many many times over the past 30 years. It is still one of my favorite paces to go to in Harvard Square. I frequented the original Algiers cafe in Cambridge and continued to go even after they remodeled and took away the dirt floor. The food teas and desserts are really good, the ambiance is very special. I always get the mint tea, BLT sandwich which is awesome and the Basbousa dessert is to die for.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

After 45 minutes waiting for eggs, they eventually arrived cold. My husband had a cheese omelette which was literally a flat slice of cheese covered in egg. The rest of us had cold, overcooked poached eggs. We should have left but we were the only customers in the cafe and didn't think it could be so bad. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Great option for breakfast and lunch. Inexpensive, great location, delicious food with a cultural hint that isn't in your face.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast. Paid $4.50 for instant oatmeal that didn't include any fruit or nuts. Coffee was really bad. Iced coffee was twice as expensive and just as bad. I guess it was $2 for the ice cubes? Will not got back. The food explains why the restaurant was empty.