“Good Product, Poor Service”

Algiers Coffee House
Ranked #317 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 August 2017

My friend and I came just to get coffee for the afternoon and catch up. We were seated immediately which was nice, but we didn't see our waitress for ~20 minutes after we arrived. Even after we ordered, our food and drinks didn't come for about 45 minutes. We only ordered coffee and a muffin, so the wait was unnerving. When the coffee finally came, it was great, such good quality. The menu even had some really good exotic coffees, but the lack of service we received dampened my excitement over the coffee itself. My friend's muffin didn't even come until 30 minutes AFTER we got our coffee. Despite the fact that I loved everything I had on this trip, I'm not entirely sure if i would be back due to the service.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I confess that I first came to finish reading Andre Aciman's Harvard Square. Having been an under the covers with a flashlight reader as a kid, it was surreal & incredibly decadent to actually sip a beverage and be IN the scene, if only as an imaginary extra. Lots of authentic mojo then, new owner & renovations happening so need to go back. In the meantime, I will peek in the windows and savor closing the book "on set."

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Recently enjoyed an early lunch here. Quiet little cafe off the beaten path. Excellent falafel. Service was slow but friendly and as I was having a leisurely meal with an old friend it didn't signify.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I was hear the other night with friends. We ate on the small outside deck which was pleasant. The waitress was friendly and helpful. Everything we ate was flavorful and delicious and we enjoyed our meal very much. Prices were reasonable for Cambridge.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

My wife and I have travelled Turkey and the Mideast and were excited to find a coffee house that served "Turkish" coffee. When the coffees arrived at our table in traditional warming/serving ladles our expectations were elevated. Sadly it ended there. The coffee was only OK, though a little pricey. If you are looking for a great cup of Turkish coffee, look elsewhere.