“Nice outdoor seating”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 14 August 2021

Got a nice shaded table on the patio right next to a small green, so the people watching was good. Waitress was busy but she did a great job. We ordered typical lunch food , burger with a Greek side salad for me. burger was cooked to my liking and the side salad was fresh. My wife odered the Spinach pie and greek salad, the peice was huge almost two inches thick! She enjoyed it but, being so thick when you cut into it the filo dough broke up. Small complaint cause it was very tasty. Overall a nice spot for lunch, Enjoy!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (200)

Reviewed 26 August 2020

We were pleasantly surprised. This restaurant offered outdoor dining and even had small gazebos for some tables. We found the server to be very friendly and the menu had a good selection. The prices were very reasonable. Everyone was wearing facemasks and gloves which made us feel very comfortable. If we are in the area again We would visit again.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank JLJTiverton
Reviewed 14 March 2020

Unfortunately I am giving Grendel's den a solid one star after an experience I had there last night, March 13, 2020. I have gone there a number of times and used to love it. Me and a few of my friends decided to brave it last night and get it of the house firing the coronavirus scare. At Grendel's den, the bartender was great, happy that some people were out. A person who consumed a bit too much to drink spilled beer all over her cell phone on the bar. Being a normal, nice person, I grabbed some napkins and handed then to the guy next to me to give to the patron to save her phone. The gentleman next to me put the napkins that weren't used back in the pile that was behind the bar.

Here's why I won't go back. A good five minutes later, some woman came over to the gentleman sitting next to me asking if I was his friend. He said he had just met me during the situation with the person spilling beer all over her cell phone. This woman then proceeded to say, "don't you ever **cking stick your hand behind my bar again. That's not your **cking bar.". Ok, maybe an overreaction on her part. Being not a garbage person I said, "oh well I'm sorry I was just trying to help." "I don't f**king care, don't touch things in my bar." So, in short, apparently this person owns the bar and is really just terrible to people who visit her bar. She doesn't help when people spill beer on their phones and yells at patrons when they do help. Needless to say, if you treat your patrons like garbage, they will share their story where they can. Don't go here, the owner is not nice.

Edit: the bartender and other employees were great, they should get a job at another bar that treats their customers kindly.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 19 December 2019

Hadn’t been to Grendel’s for many years -it still has its cosy charming atmosphere and great, varied, affordable menu. We just stopped in for a late afternoon snack - two of us split the nachos, but we are eager to return for lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 9 October 2019

We had a late lunch/early dinner after seeing SIX at ART. The spinach pie and salad were flavorful and decent portion size. The half pitcher of sangria made a few glasses.

We shared the bread pudding which was more like a slice of french toast than bread pudding.

Date of visit: September 2019