“Chipotle in Concept, but Better”
Review of Felipe's Taqueria

Felipe's Taqueria
Ranked #29 of 662 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

This is a great place! Very busy on a Friday night but so worth the wait. Fun, casual atmosphere and cheap eats. When you go, try the carnitas!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

We came here as tourists, but let me tell you that this place seemed to be mostly filled with local regulars. But, if I lived around here, I would definitely be a regular, too! Everything tasted amazing, and made quickly but the food was still quality, and affordable at that: one 12 inch burrito with chorizo, 10 inch burrito with carnitas, carnitas nachos with all the toppings and two chicken tacos for under $30. They also had a full bar, and the frozen margaritas were strong but delicious! I hope we can come back again before the end of our vacation.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Recommended by event staff nearby, this was a perfect place for a quick bite before the show. The atmosphere is very hip, the food is fresh and good. You cannot beat the prices. I would go back again for sure.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

After walking Harvard University on a tour, my husband and I ate lunch here on the recommendation of our tour guide...thanks, Elijah!

Inside, there are two separate lines (same food at both) to keep the orders moving quickly and efficiently. The menu was very robust with lots of different options. My husband and I each had a chimichanga, and they were GOOD! The ingredients were very fresh, and the food was served very quickly. The chimichangas were served smothered with cheese...who doesn't love that?!

My only qualm was the lack of seating in the restaurant, especially given its popularity. However, we'll still be back for more!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

This restaurant is a few steps away from Harvard square and serves Mexican fast food. The clientele is mostly made of university students and faculty. This is definitely a cheaper alternative among more expensive restaurants in the area. There is a self service sink with water tap and a salsa bar in the center and bathrooms are at the apposite side of the entrance. Food was between ok and good.
On the not so bright side, the cashier tried to overcharge my friend by a few bucks and he had to have the cashier reimburse him when he realized he paid the wrong amount. He told me that it's not the first time that this happens and this thing before eating kind of spoiled the enjoyment of our meal .