Lowest prices for your stay
US$159
Hyatt.com
PricelineUS$159
Lol.travelUS$181
3,332 results
All reviews charles river fenway park river view parking garage mit campus fitness center shuttle boston bu harvard runners skyline uber college
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2021

We stayed here in order to be close to the Charles River for the Head of the Charles Regatta. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean but a little small for the price. No coffee or tea was provided in the rooms. A pop-up restaurant that was just okay and the bar was closed for it was under construction. A good percentage of people wore masks and most paid attention to the limit for people on the elevators.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
General Manager, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston / Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2021

Dear Lucy,
We pride ourselves on providing fantastic service, and we are thrilled to see that we were able to achieve this for you. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. While we are doing some renovations, the exciting changes that are coming are worth the wait. Anytime you are back in town for an event or need a cozy getaway, count on Hyatt Regency Boston/Cambridge to deliver.

Reviewed 24 October 2021

Stayed there during renovations, so there was a lot of activity happening in the main lobby. The staff were all wonderful. Evening desk staff were willing to let me bother them with any questions I had, and even willing to just shoot the breeze. Haven’t stayed here since 1996, so a lot has changed since then. This hotel holds a lot of sentimental value for me.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
General Manager, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston / Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2021

Thank you for your patience with our renovations. We're glad our friendly staff made you feel welcome, and we look forward to hosting you again at Hyatt Regency Boston / Cambridge!

Reviewed 23 October 2021

while renovations happen, lack of proactive communication and utterly absent services on site does not justify the room rate. Will definitely reconsider my choices next time, this is terrible customer management. Other than that, friendly staff but that is pretty much it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Freedom30267321650

We do our best to notify guests of our renovations prior to arrival, and you can bet that we will look into this matter to see what may have gone wrong. Our completion date is scheduled for this fall, and we would love to welcome you back to experience our exciting changes.

Reviewed 20 October 2021

The construction was awful.We we’re unable to enjoy enjoying a redo.This was a big event I had to save a long time for this. I also found out people using points at Hyatt were refunded their points I want something back.

1  Thank tniemi
General Manager, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston / Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2021

We appreciate you reaching out with your feedback, and want to apologize for the inconveniences caused by our current renovations. While we are very excited for the changes that are coming soon, we understand that the process can be bothersome. Nonetheless, we are doing our best to contain all our renovations so they do not interrupt our guests.
Should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail, we encourage you to reach out to us offline.
It's our hope that you were still able to feel special and celebrated on your birthday. We'd truly appreciate the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2021

Let me preface my review in that I stayed here for the 2021 Boston Marathon. I stayed here for two reasons, proximity to downtown Boston and the free buses to and from the start/finish line on the day of the race.

This was my fifth Boston Marathon and third hotel I have stayed at for the race. I was really excited to stay closer to downtown for once but was sad to discover that the hotel was no where near a train station. So even though it is "close" to downtown, you have to do a great deal of walking. Normally I wouldn't care, but as a runner, you are trying to conserve your energy marathon weekend so be aware of that.

My second reason for staying here were the free buses. When I arrived, I made sure to ask at the desk for the bus schedule for the morning of the marathon. I was told they would be leaving every 30 minutes starting at 5am. I asked again the day before the marathon. Every runner knows you need to be at the bus stop to the start line at a certain time. My time was 7:15am. I had everything planned and arrived downstairs for the bus at 6:20am. I was told buses were going on the hour and the next one was at 7am which would make me late for my bus window. It completely defeated the purpose of asking the front desk this question. I ended up getting lucky and sharing an uber to the start line with another generous runner, but I feel like this was poor planning on the hotels part to tell runners the times of the buses. I did catch the bus back and was very thankful for that.

The hotel room itself was nice. We had a king size bed but unfortunately were facing away from the Charles River so it was kind of a bland view. The room had a nice small fridge and a good shower area. Another unfortunate issue was the hotel was under major construction while we were there. We never heard any construction noise because we were not there during the day, but it was not ideal. The wifi in the hotel was all over the place. My wife couldn't connect and had to call tech support. Mine connected just fine and was alright depending on the time of day.

The best part of our stay for sure were the employees of the hotel. They were extremely nice and went above and beyond to make our stay great. They applauded the runners when we arrived back at the hotel, they had some free items to take the morning of (gatorades, apples, bananas, water, energy bars). They also had several dinners the nights before the marathon (we didn't attend these as we had reservations elsewhere). So while I did have complaints listed above, the employees here were top notch.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the Charles, you can see the Citgo sign!
1  Thank Jason H
General Manager, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston / Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2021

Dear Jason,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel for the Boston Marathon. Our team members take pride in making each of our guests feel special, so we know they will appreciate your kind words. It's unfortunate there was a communication error regarding bus transportation, but we're so glad to hear you were able to make it to the start line in time for your race. It was our pleasure to provide well-equipped accommodations, and we hope you enjoyed your time in Boston. Should you come back our way, we hope you will consider visiting our property again.