Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$220
Expedia.comUS$220
PricelineUS$220
Hotels.comUS$220
FindHotelUS$220
eDreamsUS$220
All reviews two bedroom suite front desk kitchen area full kitchen the sofa bed breakfast was included kendall square yogurt workout room wonderful stay longfellow bridge hot breakfast the general manager boston subway laundry inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2021

My first room smelled like patchouli so I was kindly moved to another room which was very large (wheelchair accessible). It looks like there is construction going on, so maybe they are renovating but this hotel needs it. Seems very tired and generally not very attractive. The desk staff were extremely nice and helpful.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank descalzo
John Wilmoth, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2021

Dear descalzo,

I am very glad that you had an opportunity to stay with us and tell us about your experience here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for recognizing our nice and helpful desk staff, I will be sure to pass along your compliments to them!

I appreciate your feedback in regards to our hotel renovation and construction. We are excited to be updating all of our guest suites which will have a more modern updated look and feel. Hopefully you can return to our hotel to experience our newly updated suites.

I apologize for the room odor issue you experienced upon arrival but happy to hear you were moved to another room which was larger.

Thank you again for staying, and I hope that on a future visit to the area we will have the opportunity to host you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

The hotel is undergoing construction, but we were well informed before our stay, and it was not an inconvenience at all. We stayed there in April and again in May for our son’s wedding. The General Manager, John Wilmoth, is very responsive and helpful and clearly employs the right people, because everybody who worked there was extremely helpful, courteous and polite. The breakfast is wonderful- a lot of good things to choose from. Wonderful new exercise room. Close to the T station. Strongly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lidiarose100
Reviewed 16 January 2021

For Thanksgiving, I stayed here - I'm a local resident and enjoy treating myself to stays at hotels to have bathtub soaks, as I don't have one at my apartment.

The room was spacious, clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The toiletries provided are also very nice and have unique scents like lemon sage. Breakfast was also good, the woman serving breakfast-to-go was very welcoming and helpful with listing off all their options, they even had hot sandwiches in addition to yogurt, and tons of pastries, bagels, muffins and juices and fruit.

Later in the evening, when I went to take my bath, I couldn't find a lever to allow the tub to hold water, so I called the front desk, and the clerk replied that none of the tubs in the hotel "have that functionality [to take a bath]". I was very surprised to hear that, and asked if they could possibly bring me a suction cup from the engineering team or something similar. The clerk called me back and said they didn't have any supplies available. She also apologized and stated that she receives many calls from fellow customers who are also surprised when they can't take a bath, and that the manager would be in the next morning if I would like to speak with him.

I spoke with John, the general manager in the morning, who was shocked to hear what had happened. He informed me that all of the rooms have functioning tubs, and that maintenance should have supplies on hand, should one be broken [which it turns out mine may have been]. He then graciously provided me with a key to a neighboring room that had a functioning bathtub, a partial credit to the bill and apologized for the inconvenience. He also said he would be sending maintenance to check out the tub in my original room.

Thanks so much to John for improving my stay! The neighboring room also had a lovely view, so that was nice to enjoy for a bit. Thanks to how management handled this, I would stay here again.

I don't want to accuse anyone of lying, but it seems very suspicious to me that she claimed none of the tubs in the hotel worked at all, and that she received many calls over time regarding the same complaint - I've worked in the hospitality industry and if I received these complaints about the same thing, I would ask my manager for a solution to this for the future, instead of simply telling customers there is no solution - and at the very least, verify whether or not the tubs actually work. It just didn't seem like this particular person wanted to be there that night, which is understandable [I've worked holidays in hospitality and it can be no fun at times], but it's not great to miss out on something because an employee wasn't willing to help you out with a potential solution.

Anyways, really nice place, make sure you communicate with a manager ahead of your stay in case they aren't working the night you arrive, regarding any amenities that are important to you, and you should be fine to heed off any potential problems with front desk staff. I wouldn't rely on front-desk clerks helping to problem-solve in the moment.

The one star I took off is really just because of that one front desk clerk - John, the other staff, and everything else was 5 stars.

Thanks again!!

Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank 28alaskal
Reviewed 16 November 2020 via mobile

How quick we are to complain - and how likely to forget entirely to compliment!

We recently experienced a most unusual stay, under the most unusual of circumstances, at the "Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Cambridge"!

And how unusual that there is not a single unkind word one could possibly utter about our experience - thanks to all of the staff in several different departments who clearly all went above and beyond - before, during, and even after our stay.

We were coming from Canada for a special very small family visit that we simply could not miss, and for a stay that ended up being a little bit longer than two weeks' duration - all of this, despite our apprehensions, and the challenges and limitations of [cross-border] travel during the pandemic, as well as the onerous requirements to quarantine, and our decision to self-isolate further (and to then get tested at the nearby covid test centre before we finally greeted family there) and despite our strong desire to remain safe and to feel protected and comfortable in our environment, despite our not having ventured far from home very much in the preceding many months, and despite now being far from the safety and familiarity of home.

We were three family members - and we each also needed to be able to be connected and to continue to "work from home" while on the road.

We had the great good fortune to connect - before our stay - with the Front Office Manager, Donovan Roberts, who provided a wealth of relevant information and reassurances about services in the vicinity of the hotel - and services in the hotel itself including the complimentary breakfast each morning - and who specifically made it possible for us to have an enormous two-bedroom suite for the duration of our stay, at a rate we could afford. This made all the difference in the world! One room - or even two adjoining rooms in any other hotel (we considered a few other properties, and also looked at many Air BnBs) would simply not have been as comforable, secure, and workable for us!

At this Residence Inn - which was close to the family members we were coming to visit - we had a suite with two full bedrooms, so everyone had their own space including their own work area (with the bonus of beautiful views of Cambridge below, and even the Charles River, the Longfellow Bridge, and Boston beyond!) as well as their own tv and full bathroom - and then, in addition, also a full kitchen and eating area for us all, and a large living room with a couch, comfortable side chair, and another tv that we used and greatly enjoyed in the off-hours - including watching the US Presidential Election results and countless hours of Netflix and other services already loaded into the hotel's system and which only required us to log in to our accounts.

Before arriving, we explained to Donovan what we thought we needed - and made a crazy inquiry about whether the suite could be stocked before our arrival with anything and everything that we might need for the three of us, for a two-week stay, so we could keep our space private and secure and so we would not need to have housekeeping enter our unit - at all!

We were graciously assured by Donovan that this request could be fulfilled and that it would be fulfilled - and were delighted and amazed to find, on arrival, a multi-tier cart in our unit, piled high with an enormous supply of multiple sets of towels, linens, and bedspreads, as well as a large quantity of individually wrapped rolls of paper towel to do our own cleaning as needed - as we had requested - and also a very generous supply of toilet tissue and an additional ample supply of all the other bathroom amenities we could possibly want.
There were also all manner of kitchen supplies and consumables waiting for us in our kitchen area.
The quantities that were provided did indeed suffice for all of us for the entire duration of our stay.
And we did not, in fact, need anything further from housekeeping, nor did we need them to enter our suite at all during our stay.
At night we would put - just outside our door - the trash cans that we asked to have emptied and left outside for us. And that is exactly what happened.
We were later advised that it was none other than housekeeping manager Enercida Pimentel who correctly anticipated and looked after our every need - even before we arrived! And what a difference this made, to our ability to function, to feel safe and secure in the privacy of our unit, and to continue to be connected and productive!

When we did exit the room - for one of us to pick up the abundant breakfast for all of us, at the physically-distanced breakfast service on the main floor each morning (lots of fresh fruit, a wide variety of baked goods, different types of yogurts, packets of hot and cold cereal and lots more - and seemingly limitless Starbucks coffee - all picked and packed from behind plexiglas dividers by courteous masked and gloved hotel staff) and when we would then take it all back to our room to eat in the comfort and privacy of our ensuite kitchen and eating area - or when we ventured out to pick up packages and deliveries (food deliveries or online shopping deliveries!) or to exit the hotel to visit family nearby or to go out for walks in Cambridge - and in beautiful Beacon Hill and Back Bay, across the nearby bridge over the river - it seemed that it was almost always Mirela Sisic who was everywhere all the time, greeting us and providing service with a smile - at virtually every breakfast, capably aided by other staff - and then usually also staffing the hotel's front desk for one shift a day.
Mirela was truly amazing!!

There had been some anxiety about leaving home and travelling across an international border, and staying in a somewhat unfamiliar place and worrying about health and safety - and generally about how we would manage and function in the middle of a global pandemic. We also wanted to ensure the family that we were visiting would not be at any added risk.

Not only did the hotel staff not shrink from their responsibilities, but they truly did go above and beyond to make every aspect of our stay and every interpersonal encounter friendly, pleasant and cheery, as well comfortable, productive, and safe.

In times of old, I suppose this was the purpose of inns along the way when travel was also fraught with uncertainty and risk.
The staff of this property lived up to those ideals in ways we might have imagined and hoped for - but weren't sure could be attained.
In fact, they were attained and exceeded despite the challenges that all those staff - like all of us - must've encountered in their professional as well as personal lives, in these challenging times.

Thank you very much for everything you do - and for everything you did for us during our recent stay ... even answering a few questions that we had after checking out and arriving back home!

After being so wary of traveling at all, we now hope we may be able to return, maybe sometime in the new year, if all is well and circumstances permit.

Thank you again, Donovan, Mirela and Enercida, and all of your colleagues who joined in this very successful endeavour!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jeffrey L
John Wilmoth, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2020

Dear Jeffrey L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your recent stay with us! I thorough enjoyed reading the details about your experience and will be certain to recognize Donovan, Mirela, and Enercida for their efforts during your visit.

Throughout the last several months, we have continued to evolve our offerings, cleaning practices, and day to day routines. The ability to maintain a safe and comfortable environment remains a top priority, and I was pleased to know that you took advantage of our large suite and the complimentary offerings. Your feedback along with many others has become a critical point that we use to ensure we are exceeding customer expectations.

Throughout this entire crazy time, our passion for providing memorable service has never wavered. The Hotel is very fortunate to have a team of highly dedicated hospitality professionals, and we look forward to hosting you and many others in the future. Thank you again for the great review.

Warm regards,

John Wilmoth

Reviewed 30 September 2020

We have made a trip to Boston for a 10 day trip. We are in our 70’s and were feeling uncomfortable about staying in a hotel during Covid-19. The hotel has made it very safe, kept social distancing, and their breakfast was in a safe environment and made it very easy to take it back to your room. Our room is spacious, clean, and well appointed. The personnel at the front desk were courteous and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2020