Hotel Veritas(Cambridge)
Kendall Hotel(Cambridge)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$284
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$207
  • Restaurant
Irving House at Harvard(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$255
US$453
US$391
Hotelpower.com
All reviewsacross the streetfree breakfastpancake machinegreen linelechmere stationhotel lotstrip malldunkin donutsfridge and microwaveyogurtshort walkfew blocksfront desk staffwithin walking distancebreakfast roomscience museumtd garden
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hotel is located within a 5 minute walking distance to T stop. If you drive they offer free parking which is added plus. Very friendly front desk people...special thanks for Jimmie for the milk to go along with chocolate chip cookies every night for my stay. Breakfast items included: cereals, juices. breads, fruits, cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, pancakes, & eggs. A shopping center is located nearby that has a McDonalds and a Shaw's grocery store. Room was clean, bed comfortable, and outside noise at night was minimal. Would stay here again if given the chance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MarkWoodmanGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear 1travelingDad -

Wow, thank you for sharing your great comments about our staff and our location. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of our guests, whether at the front desk or with our housekeepers and maintenance teams. We will certainly share your comments with them and we look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I just came back from staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Cambridge and could not wait to write a review about this place.

I arrived on a red eye flight at 5 in the morning on a crazy rainy day without a jacket or umbrella. I knew I could not check in until 3 pm and had no idea what I was going to do all that time. Before I left I had sent an email asking if there was anyway I could check in early and got a quick response saying that they would do their best but the hotel was full. So my plan was to hangout in the airport for a few hours and then maybe cruise around the city. Well after an hour I was freezing and exhausted and thought I would call the hotel to see if I could get in. I think the woman I spoke to was named Diana or Diane not only managed to get me in earlier she said here was a taxi taking someone from the hotel to the airport and that she would have him pick me up and bring me back there. I was so grateful!!!

The location is great as well. After a few hours of sleep I walked about 3 minutes to Marshall's and purchased a sweater, went to the grocery store for some snacks and came back to the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located near the Lechmere Station stop or you can walk to Kendall Square which is about a 20 minute walk through a very pretty neighborhood. I even walked to Harvard Square which took about 40 minutes. It was a great location for me and easy for me to get al the places I needed to be and I felt very safe.

When I left I didn't want to take a cab in traffic to the airport so I asked the woman at the front how to take the T to the shuttle for the airport. I was completely intimidated by the train changes. She convinced me that it was very easy and even wrote out step by step instructions. It was easy peasy! I can't say enough about this place and highly recommend it. Thank you for making my stay so pleasurable!!!

Room Tip: top floor is always good so you don't hear people above you walking hard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carli_Saimin
MarkWoodmanGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Carli_Saimin -

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to get you settled in without having to wait very long. My staff members are committed to helping our guests enjoy their time in Boston, whether it is for business or leisure and it sounds like our front desk team did just that. I thank you for sharing your comments and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just back from a great stay at this HIE. The front desk staff was friendly and eager to help, and despite being a super busy week (marathon and school vacation) the breakfast staff kept everything stocked and fresh in the mornings! Rooms were clean, and it's just a 3 block walk to the subway, which is just 2 stops (4 mins?) from the city. We even walked to Kendall Sq in Cambridge, then to the river, which we wouldn't have done from a city hotel. Plus, right around the corner is a grocery store, drug store, and Marshalls, plus a park. Hard to beat.

The only note I'd make is if you are a light sleeper, choose a room on the back side of the hotel. It's as quiet there as it is noisy on the street side! I am a light sleeper, and the staff quickly moved me to a back room upon request. No fitness center, but I wouldn't have used it anyway with all the walking we did around Boston.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms are on the back of the building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 214tracic
MarkWoodmanGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear 214tracic -

I think you said it perfectly - "hard to beat". Our location within Cambridge near shopping and restaurants, as well as our close proximity to the T and everything in downtown Boston is perfect for any travelers who want to stay in a clean, comfortable hotel with a friendly staff and not pay Boston prices. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

A great hotel for location and price. Less expensive then staying in central Boston hotels and nicely locationed a few minutes walk to Lechmere subway station on the Green line. Free hotel breakfast. Supermarket, drugstore, gas station and McDonalds five minutes walk. Free parking in hotel lot (not a big lot but never had a problem parking). Within ten minutes drive or less to highway 93, 90, and 95 (via Rt 1). Very clean hotel.

Room Tip: For quiet room ask for a non ajoining room and far from elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
MarkWoodmanGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear W L -

Your comments say it all - great location and great value for the Boston area. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and as you noted, we are close to many restaurants, shopping and of course the T, which can take you into Boston. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I can not express the gratitude that I have for the people that work at the Holiday Inn in Cambridge, MA. I brought a group of juniors and seniors from Nebraska to stay in Boston for 5 days and was amazed at the customer service. Jimmy was our first initial contact with the hotel and he was wonderful. I had a million questions and he answered each with much patience and ease. Kaitlyn was also an huge help. I needed to go to church on Palm Sunday and she looked up all of the Catholic churches for me and directions to each. She also took an interest in my group and was wonderful to talk to. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jen M

Dear Jen M -

We were so happy to host your group recently and we enjoyed having all of you as our guests. Our staff goes out of its way to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable while with us and it sounds like Jimmie and Kaitlyn did just that for you. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to see you again soon.