This was a gold mine of a find. Walking distance to Lechemere (end of the greenline on the T), and right at stops for the 88 and 87, and I believe walking distance to the 83. From here, you can get to Davis, Porter, downtown, Arlington-- just about anywhere and very easily.
My parents and aunt/uncle are both in their 60s and in pretty good shape. They've never maneuvered 'big city' transit or dealt with the walking obligations of city life, and they were able to figure out the T, bus, and even hub bike systems using this hotel as their starting point.
I was very pleased with the hot breakfast-- lots of diversity and good for those both on "diets" and those who choose to eat more freely :)
Excellent coffee 24/7; crisp, fresh water and apples in the lobby 24/7, very friendly staff, and ample parking- some covered parking. Across the street from a liquor store, around the corner from a Marshalls and a grocery store (Shaws).
Tips: Use foodler.com to get food delivered if you want to relax one night in. I suggest the New Pizza Palace in Somerville, City Slicker burgers (get the meat well done for delivery).
New to Boston? For North End cannolis, go to Bova (it's around the corner from Mike's and this is where the locals go!), go to Davis Square and ask a local to point you to the Saloon (it's unmarked on the street, so you'll need someone to point it out), for cheap bar food downtown, try Whiskeys-nothing spectacular, but nice and cheap. Duck tours that depart from the Sci Museum are overrated, as is the Science Museum and the MFA, for that matter. You can walk the Freedom Trail for free, look into 90-minute harbor tours from Long Wharf, only get your clam chowdah from Legal Seafoods, and get your oysters from Island Creek!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Located minutes from downtown Boston on the Green Line of the 'T' Lechmere Station, close to MIT, Harvard University, Museum of Science, TD Garden/NorthStation, Patni Corp., EF Foundation, Kendall Square, Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilition Center and Massachusetts Eye and Ear, and only 3 miles from Boston Logan Airport (BOS), our hotel is the perfect location for visiting the Boston/Cambridge area. We offer a complimentary American breakfast, featuring our famous cinnamon roll as well as a variety of hot foods. Sit back, relax, and enjoy our Great Room, with 24-hour coffee, complimentary cookies at night, and high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the building. Our convenient location and commitment to service make us the best value in the Boston/Cambridge area, so book now and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express. Contact the hotel directly for packages that'll save you money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Boston - Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express Cambridge