Hotel Veritas(Cambridge)
US$254
US$229
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$207
Kendall Hotel(Cambridge)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$275
  • Free Breakfast
Irving House at Harvard(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$255
All reviewsacross the streetfree breakfastpancake machinegreen linelechmere stationhotel lotstrip malldunkin donutsfridge and microwaveyogurtshort walkfew blocksfront desk staffwithin walking distancebreakfast roomscience museumtd garden
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were in for an overnight stop to visit friends and go to the theater. The room was well equipped and comfortable including a microwave and ample storage space. The bed was comfortable and the sofa bed worked well.
Breakfast is well prepared (except for the green bananas. We all had what we wanted. The staff was helpful in holding a taxi for us and estimating the fare.
Based on previous stays in the area we were pleased to find the free parking and the easy access from this location.
The internet worked well witha solid and speedy connection.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MarkWoodmanGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear riclaw -

I appreciate you mentioning how comfortable you were while staying with us and how helpful and friendly our staff was in assisting you. Our team members strive to ensure all of our guest enjoy their stay with us and we enjoyed having you as our guest. Thanks for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a gold mine of a find. Walking distance to Lechemere (end of the greenline on the T), and right at stops for the 88 and 87, and I believe walking distance to the 83. From here, you can get to Davis, Porter, downtown, Arlington-- just about anywhere and very easily.

My parents and aunt/uncle are both in their 60s and in pretty good shape. They've never maneuvered 'big city' transit or dealt with the walking obligations of city life, and they were able to figure out the T, bus, and even hub bike systems using this hotel as their starting point.

I was very pleased with the hot breakfast-- lots of diversity and good for those both on "diets" and those who choose to eat more freely :)

Excellent coffee 24/7; crisp, fresh water and apples in the lobby 24/7, very friendly staff, and ample parking- some covered parking. Across the street from a liquor store, around the corner from a Marshalls and a grocery store (Shaws).

Tips: Use foodler.com to get food delivered if you want to relax one night in. I suggest the New Pizza Palace in Somerville, City Slicker burgers (get the meat well done for delivery).

New to Boston? For North End cannolis, go to Bova (it's around the corner from Mike's and this is where the locals go!), go to Davis Square and ask a local to point you to the Saloon (it's unmarked on the street, so you'll need someone to point it out), for cheap bar food downtown, try Whiskeys-nothing spectacular, but nice and cheap. Duck tours that depart from the Sci Museum are overrated, as is the Science Museum and the MFA, for that matter. You can walk the Freedom Trail for free, look into 90-minute harbor tours from Long Wharf, only get your clam chowdah from Legal Seafoods, and get your oysters from Island Creek!

Room Tip: No view is too good from here, just the facts. So don't spend more thinking anything will have a better view than something else!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MarkWoodmanGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear James W -

Many of the items you mentioned - our friendly staff, close location to the T and several bus lines, great breakfast - are things mentioned by many of our guests and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about your stay as well. We are very happy that you appreciated the value of our hotel and that you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit us on your next trip to Boston!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hotel is located within a 5 minute walking distance to T stop. If you drive they offer free parking which is added plus. Very friendly front desk people...special thanks for Jimmie for the milk to go along with chocolate chip cookies every night for my stay. Breakfast items included: cereals, juices. breads, fruits, cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, pancakes, & eggs. A shopping center is located nearby that has a McDonalds and a Shaw's grocery store. Room was clean, bed comfortable, and outside noise at night was minimal. Would stay here again if given the chance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MarkWoodmanGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear 1travelingDad -

Wow, thank you for sharing your great comments about our staff and our location. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of our guests, whether at the front desk or with our housekeepers and maintenance teams. We will certainly share your comments with them and we look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I just came back from staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Cambridge and could not wait to write a review about this place.

I arrived on a red eye flight at 5 in the morning on a crazy rainy day without a jacket or umbrella. I knew I could not check in until 3 pm and had no idea what I was going to do all that time. Before I left I had sent an email asking if there was anyway I could check in early and got a quick response saying that they would do their best but the hotel was full. So my plan was to hangout in the airport for a few hours and then maybe cruise around the city. Well after an hour I was freezing and exhausted and thought I would call the hotel to see if I could get in. I think the woman I spoke to was named Diana or Diane not only managed to get me in earlier she said here was a taxi taking someone from the hotel to the airport and that she would have him pick me up and bring me back there. I was so grateful!!!

The location is great as well. After a few hours of sleep I walked about 3 minutes to Marshall's and purchased a sweater, went to the grocery store for some snacks and came back to the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located near the Lechmere Station stop or you can walk to Kendall Square which is about a 20 minute walk through a very pretty neighborhood. I even walked to Harvard Square which took about 40 minutes. It was a great location for me and easy for me to get al the places I needed to be and I felt very safe.

When I left I didn't want to take a cab in traffic to the airport so I asked the woman at the front how to take the T to the shuttle for the airport. I was completely intimidated by the train changes. She convinced me that it was very easy and even wrote out step by step instructions. It was easy peasy! I can't say enough about this place and highly recommend it. Thank you for making my stay so pleasurable!!!

Room Tip: top floor is always good so you don't hear people above you walking hard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carli_Saimin
MarkWoodmanGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Carli_Saimin -

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to get you settled in without having to wait very long. My staff members are committed to helping our guests enjoy their time in Boston, whether it is for business or leisure and it sounds like our front desk team did just that. I thank you for sharing your comments and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just back from a great stay at this HIE. The front desk staff was friendly and eager to help, and despite being a super busy week (marathon and school vacation) the breakfast staff kept everything stocked and fresh in the mornings! Rooms were clean, and it's just a 3 block walk to the subway, which is just 2 stops (4 mins?) from the city. We even walked to Kendall Sq in Cambridge, then to the river, which we wouldn't have done from a city hotel. Plus, right around the corner is a grocery store, drug store, and Marshalls, plus a park. Hard to beat.

The only note I'd make is if you are a light sleeper, choose a room on the back side of the hotel. It's as quiet there as it is noisy on the street side! I am a light sleeper, and the staff quickly moved me to a back room upon request. No fitness center, but I wouldn't have used it anyway with all the walking we did around Boston.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms are on the back of the building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 214tracic
MarkWoodmanGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear 214tracic -

I think you said it perfectly - "hard to beat". Our location within Cambridge near shopping and restaurants, as well as our close proximity to the T and everything in downtown Boston is perfect for any travelers who want to stay in a clean, comfortable hotel with a friendly staff and not pay Boston prices. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.