“Definitely not for a family visit”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Positives
1) Rooms are spacious

Concerns:
1) This hotel is on a highway, away from all happening spots of the city- Boston or Cambridge
2) The neighbourhood doesn't inspire confidence. You wouldn't want to bring your family here.
3) This is essentially a self service hotel. Don't expect bell boys or concierge.
4) I made a mistake of booking here, and I did because I prefer IHG properties. Any of you wouldn't have a reason to book here; nor you would feel good about your decision. The place is quite dead. You can only see worn out low height warehouses in the front.

Room Tip: All rooms are alike. Don't expect a view, coz there aren't any.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank VikramJitSingh7
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Hello VikramJitSingh7,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Boston - Cambridge, MA. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your high rating in sleep quality and your nice comment about the room size.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and our location. We will look into these concern. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Away from the sites in Cambridge. 10 minute walk to train station. I would not walk it at night as the area seems unsafe. Front desk very busy when we checked in. Clerk was very professional. Breakfast was pretty good.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeannem265
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Hello jeannem265,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast selection. However, the good things stopped there due to your check- in experience. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 19 May 2017

This was a very nice hotel. The room was spacious and had a mircowave, fridge, and Keurig. Breakfast was adequate and they had freshly baked warm cookies in the evening at the front desk.

I am taking one star off because the rooms facing the main street are very noisy. As other reviewers suggest, ask for a room on the other side. We made the mistake and paid price with lost sleep.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

The hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly. When arriving the desk clerk was very friendly and promptly took my info and gave me my key. I asked about menus for around the area and they had some but after getting my key I forgot to grab them. When getting to the room it was very clean with the exception of one corn chip on the floor. Not sure how they missed it but they did. The room had a small microwave, fridge, iron and ironing board. My room had a desk and table that went over a chair. There were a good number of channels but some of the ones they listed such as hbo and spike were missing. They offer free breakfast which was your normal quick fix breakfast foods. I was surprised that nobody used the pancake machine (probably because it was sitting in a corner)... anyways they kept the food stocked and it was hot. Checkout was quick and painless.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The front desk lady didn't help me although I was requested to approach front desk to verify my file details. She even didn't look into the systems asking me for my room number of name. Nothing. She left her station, leaving me to stand for nothing, refused later to be identified by her first name and didn't apologize for her rude attitude and terrible behavior.
Most worst customer care experience I've ever had.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Eran S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Eran S,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with excellent service and comfortable accommodations, however, we regret to read that in this case we have fallen short of your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.
IHGService

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
0.1 km away
2.9 km away
Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
0.9 km away
Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge? Share your experiences!