All reviews free parking hi express across the street free breakfast lechmere station green line dunkin donuts minute walk fridge and microwave yogurt few blocks walking distance front desk staff breakfast room science museum td garden public transportation
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Away from the sites in Cambridge. 10 minute walk to train station. I would not walk it at night as the area seems unsafe. Front desk very busy when we checked in. Clerk was very professional. Breakfast was pretty good.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeannem265
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Hello jeannem265,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast selection. However, the good things stopped there due to your check- in experience. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 May 2017

This was a very nice hotel. The room was spacious and had a mircowave, fridge, and Keurig. Breakfast was adequate and they had freshly baked warm cookies in the evening at the front desk.

I am taking one star off because the rooms facing the main street are very noisy. As other reviewers suggest, ask for a room on the other side. We made the mistake and paid price with lost sleep.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

The hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly. When arriving the desk clerk was very friendly and promptly took my info and gave me my key. I asked about menus for around the area and they had some but after getting my key I forgot to grab them. When getting to the room it was very clean with the exception of one corn chip on the floor. Not sure how they missed it but they did. The room had a small microwave, fridge, iron and ironing board. My room had a desk and table that went over a chair. There were a good number of channels but some of the ones they listed such as hbo and spike were missing. They offer free breakfast which was your normal quick fix breakfast foods. I was surprised that nobody used the pancake machine (probably because it was sitting in a corner)... anyways they kept the food stocked and it was hot. Checkout was quick and painless.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

The front desk lady didn't help me although I was requested to approach front desk to verify my file details. She even didn't look into the systems asking me for my room number of name. Nothing. She left her station, leaving me to stand for nothing, refused later to be identified by her first name and didn't apologize for her rude attitude and terrible behavior.
Most worst customer care experience I've ever had.

1  Thank Eran S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Eran S,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with excellent service and comfortable accommodations, however, we regret to read that in this case we have fallen short of your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Stayed here for a business trip the week of 4/17. The folks here are very friendly (the folks at the front desk were a pleasure and the ladies in the breakfast room and doing housekeeping were all very nice), the room very comfortable and well appointed (I like the extra computer desk they have added and I also appreciate the good lighting). My room also contained a mini-fridge, a microwave, and a coffee pot if you need those items. Everything was very clean and in good working order. Internet service was also good/fast. The "free breakfast" was the best I've had in a Boston area hotel to-date. Very good value for the money. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip. The only thing I would recommend is to try to get a room on the "back" side of the building. I was on the eight floor and even up there the traffic on the main street out front was pretty loud (even with ear plugs). :-) Also recommend requesting a room away from the elevator. A co-worker stayed in one of those and it was also pretty noisy.

Room tip: Request a room on the "back" side of the building (away from Monsignor) and away from the elevators for a quieter stay.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tyler B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your interactions with our staff!

Come again soon!