“Bread pudding!!”
Review of Bryan's on 290

Bryan's on 290
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Johnson City
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

This is a chef owned/ run establishment. It is pricy and you will want to make a reservation. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I ordered the bread pudding to go. It was delicious. I was disappointed that they did not provide eating utensils for the to go order though.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Highly recommended by locals. Upscale gourmet meals with reasonable prices. The owner greets his customers when they walk in the door. It's a cozy atmosphere and seats maybe 60-65 people. Service is fantastic and some of the waiters and waitresses drive in from as far away as Austin. Nice selection of wines. Guests are mix of locals and those traveling the 290 wine trail. You must stop and have you evening meal here.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We were traveling back to our resort after visiting the LBJ Ranch, and we happened upon this restaurant. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food was really excellent. The chef came out and greeted us. This was definitely gourmet. The only downside was that it took a long time for the food to be served.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We stopped in for lunch on our way to Annie's Loft in Fredericksburg. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. There were plenty of open tables since this was a Friday afternoon. I has the veal and my wife had fish. Both were excellent and much better than we expected. It was a joy to find a fine dining restaurant in this small town on Hwy. 290. We will be back and we want to come try the Tuesday supper club menu if we can get out here on a Tuesday.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

We had reservations for our table and arrived to a very busy restaurant. In fact as we were seated at a table for 8 in the back room, we noticed that the management had set up a table for two directly between our table and another larger table. The 2 people behind us were way too close and it was uncomfortable. When I attempted to remove my jacket, the man at the table behind me reached over to help me. The waiter was overworked and had a difficult time serving our food to us, due to the small table being in the walking path. He was passing plates down the table asking us to help him. When he served steaks, he accidentally dropped 2 of the steak knives onto the floor and completely forgot to bring us clean knives. His focus was on the table next to us, where he was decanting wine. It took several minutes for us to get his attention !! I did enjoy the flatbread which was really more of an appetizer.