“Worth he Drive!”

Add it.
C and C Diner
Ranked #16 of 24 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American
Description: C&c Food Mart (summit Gas)
Description: C&c Food Mart (summit Gas)
Reviewed 16 August 2015

We live in Austin, and stopped here for breakfast a couple of years ago and hated to continue our drive.

My Boston-based sister visited this June so we took her to the LBJ National Historic Park, and when she said she wanted a typical Texas meal at noon, I knew exactly where to go. C and C Diner did Not disappoint us!

My wife and sister shared the chicken-fried steak, and both proclaimed it as "Excellent!"

I had the Jalapeño Reuben. Oh, my... I've eaten a lot of Reuben sandwiches in a lot of places, and none can compare to this awesome TX take on the classic. Plenty of not so lean corn beef, just enough sauce, Texas toast, and the ubiquitous jalapeño made this a new all-time favorite.

If that wasn't good enough, I ordered some onion rings and they were also some if not the best I've ever munched. The rings were 1-2" thick, and battered lightly with a tasty, crunchy coating that stuck to the rings and left me thinking about them more than two months later.

Reviewed 25 October 2014

I think this place has unfairly had a bit of a 'bad rap', so to speak. We went there on a Monday, and to be honest, we were wanting to go somewhere (anywhere) else, but this diner was the only place open on Mondays, for some reason. My girlfriend and I both had the chicken fried steak, which was tasty. The home-fried potatoes were fabulous, among the best I've ever eaten.
The ambience of the place is kind of tattered and old to be sure, but that doesn't affect the food, which was nice.