“authentic mexican food with tex mex choices”

El Charro Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Enjoyed the Al Captain, pork with charro flavoring, Rice, Beans, Salad. This meal was recommended by the cook and he nailed it.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

The breakfast is good and fast. They have a good selection. Have eaten lunch from here as well. Always have several specials each day.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

This was a great little surprise on our way home from a visit to the hill country. You won't be disappointed. Chips and salsa were fresh and delicious. I had the mini taquitos, which were small street tacos on corn tortillas. I had the pork. They were some of the best I've ever had. My husband had the tacos al carbon. He loved his, as well. My 11 yo daughter chose the hamburger and ff. Fresh toasted bun, juicy patty and fat ff. We all loved it. Service was great, staff super friendly. Will visit again if I am in the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

I was there a few days ago and everything tested really good. Best Mexican food and the reasonable priced. They always have specials of all kind and the best is the breakfast! Loved it!

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed State Park Pedernales for several days did not know this restaurant was nearby in the city ,very good ,reasonable prices would recommend going there. Took a break from camping food for breakfast.

1  Thank Carlos L