“Outstanding in Every Way”

Peter Chang's Scott Addition
Ranked #277 of 1,807 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We were heading to Washington and it was a bit late for lunch, but we were determined after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We calculated the route, but being from WAY out of town, we completely missed it the first time. I walked back, found the right door (forget about signage) and parked in a place that would have made me nervous in a few hours.

All that was forgotten as soon as we walked in and were seated. The rap was that this place was too hip for us old people, but I found the staff warm and friendly. They were not in a hurry, and took the time to share recommendations. We had dumplings, thinly sliced pork, noodles, vegetables, chicken (pretty hot) and everything was delicious, hot, and served quickly. Could not say enough nice things about the wait staff, and they all seemed to help each other out. Great lunch meal.

When we arrived in DC later that night, I ran into an old friend from Richmond and he said that he eats there every week when he's home. Apparently they have an app so you can follow chef Chang from place to place. I didn't check, but I don't see how it could have been improved by his presence.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Stopped by for drinks and appetizers after early evening movie. Drinks and food was delicious. Service was spot on and for came out piping hot. Can't wait to go again!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Went here with wife for a special night out. We were familiar with Peter Chang's from his Short Pump location. The ambiance at the Scott's Addition location is far superior to that at Short Pump and the food is just as good.

We decided to go for a series of small plates as opposed to 2 entrees:

Szechuan Sausage. I chose the milder sausage as I know Peter Chang plays for keeps when it comes to hot dishes. Plate of sliced homemade sausage on a bed of cabbage accompanied by a lightly pickled slaw. Excellent. Second best thing we ate (flounder was first)

Smoked Duck Roll w/ Fennel. Menu said you received 2. We received five. Artfully displayed in a wooden holder sort of like a menorah. Really subtle use of fennel. Good amount of dill which I enjoyed but my wife did not.

Bamboo Flounder Fish. This was great. Crisp flounder served with veggies and peppers. Flounder was really salty, which worked perfectly with the heat of the accompanying veggies.

Pan-Fried Pork Dumpling. Generous tray of crispy pork dumplings. Lightly browned but not burnt. Great dipping sauce. Regretted this order a little bit as, while the dumplings were outstanding, there are a lot of places you can get good dumplings.

Couple of draft beers + a glass of white wine and we were out the door for something like 60 bucks (w/ 20% tip). Good value for a nicer - but not extravagant - date night.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I've been here many times and keep ordering the same items because they are so good. I love the Scallion bubble pancake to start and their pepper chicken dish (a bit spicy) is excellent! Their gin and tonic is very delicious..I believe it's sesame washed gin with cucumber tonic.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Awesome menu. Delicious food. Convenient location. All good. Perfect for lunch. Good for couples, family, friends or work meetings.