1,239 results
All reviews the concierge lounge convention center self park valet parking front desk staff hotel restaurant broad street excellent customer service downtown area valet service starbucks lobby conference garage bellman vcu race
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 December 2020

Daniel, Mark, Xavier and LeDre were excellent valets. High quality service. We've been to this location many times, and I must say that even though the ongoing renovation was a little distracting, I think it will be great when it is finished.

Date of stay: November 2020
Neil Buffington, General Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2020

Greetings 368krisopherk,
Thank you for taking time to review the Richmond Marriott Hotel. We are super excited on our new renovation. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to our valet team.

Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

I usually don’t like staying at a downtown hotel when we are with my daughters team BUT this was a pleasant surprise. Valet parking my car is a pain when you are going back and forth between games but it was never a problem here! Not sure how they did it but I never waited for my car! Xavier, Daniel, Mark and LeDre were kind and friendly and suggested great places to eat (hard to do with most closed due to covid). Would stay again. Hopefully the Starbucks and lobby will be open (was under renovations)

Trip type: Travelled with family
Neil Buffington, General Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

Greetings Flyer753276,
Thanks for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad you were able to make it in for the recent sporting events. I will be sure to pass on your kind compliments to our valet team Xavier, Daniel, Mark, and LeDre!
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2020

Definitely a beautiful high-rise hotel and in a great location in Downtown Richmond! My husband and I came for a mini staycation away from Northern VA and we were able to easily walk to many of the nearby destinations.

They had signs stating that their construction would be done in Spring 2020 but I assume due to COVID that things have been delayed. The in-house restaurant and Starbucks kiosk were closed for renovations, but this wasn't a huge inconvenience for us. They offered free coffee every morning in the lobby until noon while Starbucks was closed, which is a nice touch.

The front desk isn't directly seen as you walk into the main entrance (you have to make a right after entering) but the lobby was clean and nice. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. We were helped by Kim during check-in and she made us feel very welcomed!

For a hotel with 18 floors, the elevators are super quick! We stayed on the 14th floor and it didn't take long at all to go up and down everyday.

They conveniently had valet parking on-site for $29/day or you can self park in the attached public garage (it has a connected skywalk on the 3rd floor) for $20/24 hours. The public garage doesn't allow in and out privileges, but we didn't use our car during our stay and walked everywhere.

I could tell that our room was renovated and it was really nice! A minor inconvenience was that there were limited / barely any towel racks in the bathroom. There's a hook next to the shower and a rack inside the shower wall, but it would've been nice to have one for the smaller hand towels on the walls next to the sink.

We would stay here again the next time we visit Richmond!

1  Thank veestaaa

Greetings veestaaa,
Thank you for taking time to review the Richmond Marriott. It's great to hear our staff was able to take great care of you during these very interesting times. We look forward to our lobby opening soon and other amenities to make your stay more comfortable. We look forward to your early return.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2020 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay at the Marriott Richmond, the amenities offered were exceptional. The staff was very covid conscious and made these tough times a little easier. Special shout-out to Caleb from Valet, he consistently was friendly and professional and made the experience just that much better!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Greetings tesb804,
Thank you for taking time to review the Richmond Marriott. I am so gad your stay went so well. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Caleb.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 13 October 2020

We requested early check in and were able to do so.
Given the restrictions due to Covid the hotel staff did all they could to make our stay great. Big comfortable room, good linens, could have used some firmer pillows. Free complimentary coffee and hot water in the am as there are no coffee makers in rooms now due to covid. Location is wonderful. Good restaurants nearby. Easy access to the bus system. Valet parking Expensive but street parking nearby is free overnight.
The only negative was finding someone's left "Jimmy dean breakfast sandwich" on the closet shelf as we were putting things away!! We immediately brought it to the attention of the MOD as it brought into question how clean and safe the hotel really was!!! She said the GM would get in touch tomorrow but he did NOT do so. Felt that they dropped the ball there.

Date of stay: October 2020