“Good place to get inspiration!!”

Lamplighter Roasting Comany
Ranked #1 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Richmond
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I discovered the lamplighter during a scavenger hunt and since then I have always gone there to have some one on one outdoor meetings! Located near the Virginia Commonwealth University, the Lamplighter is a unique and quite place that gives enough inspiration to shift ones frame. The coffee is great ....nice food too! A must discover place in Richmond, Va

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Went to their S Addison St location after visiting VMFA. Loved the setting and outdoor patio. Good coffee but iced Chai tea was not as good. Ordered some cookies and they were delicious.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

There's nothing like grabbing a good coffee but also getting a delicious bagel, sandiwch, or pastry with it! I especially love ALL of the bagel sandwiches!!! I always get an iced honey latte and it's the right sweetness and taste of coffee! I have been told the lavendar latte is a must try so I'm working on that one! Will try soon!!!!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Recently stopped in for the 1st time. What a disappointing au lait. The coffee was so bitter that I didn't even drink 1/3 of it. They also don't serve frozen coffees. Doesn't matter though, I won't go back after tasting burnt coffee. If I wanted that flavor, I'd just go to Starbucks.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I went to the Morris Street location and was served the most bitter chemex of my life. Waaaay over-extracted. It is possible that the beans themselves are tasty, but whoever was pouring my $8 pot had no idea what they were doing. The pastries were super greasy. It is also the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat in outside of a elementary school science lab.