“"Good Mexican Food"”

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #599 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$12 - US$47
Description: Casa del Barco's regionally inspired Mexican cuisine and innovative cocktails are perfect for those hungry to inject life with a bit of art and exploration. As a tequileria, you can choose from a menu of upwards of 100 different tequilas and mezcals. Guests are invited to explore the interactive Marigold art installation, enjoy the art mural, and take home a memory from the photo booth.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate here as a group. Our server Jenny was very pleasant and attentive. I had the carnitas tacos. The roasted pork was tender and seasoned perfectly. I lived in Mexico for over 3 years. This food took me back there! The quesadillas and sizzling fajitas were spot on as well, as none of my friends had complaints. My brother had a large carafe of blue margarita, and the beers were spot on as well. Will eat here again when I return to Richmond!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed 17 March 2021 via mobile

Food is pretty good, but overpriced. There is also a 20% service fee. They say it is to ensure a professional wage for front and back of the house staff. That sounds like a good practice, but not sure why that means padding already expensive food and drink with a hefty surcharge. Other similar restaurants aren’t doing this. To top it off, there is no substantive service...you order and pay from your phone, then a runner (not your server) brings your items. That’s not an issue, but since I’m doing most of the serving from my phone, maybe I should ask for the 20% service fee.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 1 February 2020 via mobile

I came here for a lunch on a Friday. It wasn’t very crowded. I was greeted warmly and sat immediately. My waitress was very nice. She was very attentive. The menu had a lot of great options I wanted to try. I opted for a Dynamite Taco and a Mushroom Relleno Taco with sweet plantains. It was plated very well. They both were excellent but the mushroom one was so good that I had to get three to go so my family could try then later. The price was pretty cheap. I had a great experience here!

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

I wen to Casa del Barco on Chesterfield Townes Center last night for the first time. I left very dissatisfied. I thought the place was better than this. The building and location are great and cool looking. But the food and service was not what I expected. First of margaritas are not served in regular glasses. They are served in margarita glasses. Second everything, I mean everything was spicy! My sister in law had to order again for my niece because she can’t have spicy foods. I had the empanadas with side of “sweet” plantains. Now sweet fried plantains as it appeared in the menu... They are supposed to be sweet! The cook covered them with salt and Out of the 6 pieces I had, 1 was burnt, 3 were not cooked on one side
I was very aware that this is not authentic Mexican food. But didn’t know that it was close to a Taco Bell. Very disappointed. I will not go back and wouldn’t recommend this restaurant to anyone. Sorry

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

No HH on weekends .. discontinued the margarita nite on Monday night.. not good .. lots restaurant have some sort of HH on weekends ..

Date of visit: December 2019