“NIce evening and meal. Great service. One misstep...”

Bookbinder's Seafood & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Bookbinder's Seafood & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,644 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 24th and East Cary Street
Description: Richmond's favorite restaurant to celebrate a special occasion or hold a business meeting! Locally family owned and unique to Richmond, Bookbinder's Seafood and Steakhouse offers the perfect combination of rich history and atmosphere. Close to the James River in historic Tobacco Row, steak and seafood lovers will enjoy the ambiance of exposed beams and brick walls in this refurbished tobacco warehouse.
Reviewed 4 November 2017

We started with the Burgundy Escargot- Sautéed with Mushrooms, Red Wine and Garlic Butter, which my husband and I really felt was a misstep, period. The snails were over cooked and the burgundy wine was too heavy for this dish. We've had escargot many times and this one was not to our liking. We shared the Arugula salad, which was a good ideas since it is too much for one person and our main course was the petit filet for me and the Kona filet for my husband. The meats were perfectly cooked. Overall the meal was wonderful.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We were celebrating our 15th year Anniversary. The service we received was extremely slow, waitress got order wrong, side dish arrived when we finished our entree. Waitress repeatedly ignored us as she walked by and to take the cake she spilled our side dish on my husbands pants. We would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This year I am moving back to Richmond. I always had fond memories of the fresh seafood offered here. My most recent visit did not disappoint. Immediately seated on a busy Saturday night. The crab cakes and scallops were well prepared and plated. Our service was five star.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

My friend and I are professional speakers and we were in town to speak at a conference at the Marriott Hotel in Richmond. We had one night for a great meal to celebrate our birthdays, min was the 6th and his was the 8th so we split the uprights! What a great decision that was I started with the Turtle soup and he had the crab cocktail and both were amazing! The we went with the surf and turf with the big filet and lobster tail that was tremendous and we finished it off with cheese cake .and Bread pudding.

John the owner stopped by our table and gave us a little history lesson about the restaurant that was in his family in Philadelphia for over 100 years! If you have one night and one meal in Richmond Virginia this is the place to go!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Perfect restaurant to entertain and relax while enjoying a great steak.
The service is professional and all details were tended to.
This is a Richmond gem.