“A wonderful surprise”

Mom's Siam 2
Ranked #247 of 1,647 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for an Asian restaurant near our hotel, the Residence Inn on 14th Street. We were told there were some nice restaurants along East Cary Street and do we walked all of a half block to find what turned out to be the delicious Mom Siam 2. We are vegetarians and could not have been happier with the variety of choices. The sushi was fresh, the Pad Thai with mixed vegetables and the Siam Lo Mein with tofu were very tasty. The waitstaff was friendly, professional and attentive. The restaurant has plenty of tables and a sushi bar. We were so impressed that we had take out lunch from there a couple of days later with our extended family.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Oh, so blah....such a disappointment . Would have been a 2, but great service, just no flavor in our choices.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I stay at the marriott courtyard across the street for work so this is often take out dinner for me.

I've never had a bad meal here and the mango sticky rice is a MUST (sooo yummy!!!).

Honestly -- have no qualms with this place and for my vegetarian coworkers this place is a hit for them as well

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Having a long day at work, we decided to walk at our local restaurants to have a casual dinner. I gave 2 stars of poor customer service.
1. Walked in and told us to sit at any table. The table were we sat wasn't cleaned it (no dishes or glasses, but filthy).
2. Waitress approached us with glasses of water without saying good evening. I made the friendly gesture and asked her "how she was today"?
3. Pictures that posted in the website applied only for Mom's Siam in Carytown not in downtown where we visited.
4. Waitress asked if we wanted anything to drink, but she never gave us the drink menu.
5. Waitress asked us if we wanted an appetizer and we definitely wanted one before our main dinner.
6. Dinner arrived...but we never got our appetizer just because I am assuming she forgot! When I asked her where was our appetizer she was going to get it for us. I simply told her that since we got our main dinner there was no reason to get us the appetizer now. She never apologized!
7. Dinner was great...with amazing flavours. I asked for "mild" drunken noodles and they came with "nothing" as also on my husband's dish wasn't served as it suppose to be served.
8. Waitress never asked us if we wanted chop sticks or soy sauce. We had to request for those!
9. No music in the background, you can hear everyone's chatting even the chef cooking or the person who was doing the dishes.
10. Waitress took my plate without asking if I had finish my dinner. Even it looks empty they should always wait until "everyone" finished their dinner or at least ask!
I will give a second chance only for "take away" but not for sitting again there. After a long day of work, you want a fun atmosphere to enjoy your meal not to hear everyone's conversation and the noise coming from the kitchen...plus a friendly customer service is a must!!!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Live in Shockoe Slip and frequent here when we need our Thai fix. Always fresh and hot. Had the crispy egg rolls which ARE crispy and not soggy. The seafood Wild was delicious with the peppers still in the stems. Be careful. If you ask for hot.. it's hot. The dumplings were tasty. And Sapporo on tap. Lorna and mom keep it on top.