“First dine in experience”
Review of China Star

China Star
Ranked #849 of 1,743 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 16 April 2017

It is well worth it to dine in here! The staff is efficient and the bargain is fantastic. Our hostess went out of her way to give us a great deal plus additional coupons for our seating.
The food was excellent and plentiful!

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

This is our favorite Chinese food in the area. Usually we do take out but we took our 17 year old who has recently taken an interest in orange chicken. We had a great fine in meal, it was quiet and eclectic with Chinese music videos in the back ground. It was a fun time. I highly recommend this neighborhood gem.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I was running short on time, so I decided to stop by China star and purchased the lunch beef with broccoli and some hot and sour soup.

Customer Service:
Service at China Star was awesome. I didn't have to wait long to be served or for my order to come out.

Food + My Opinion = Not so great.

Food Appearance:
I was surprised at the amount of food I received since I opted for no rice. I received the normal divided container, with beef and broccoli on one side and nothing on the other. Other places I have gone to will replace that container with a bowl, and give you additional beef with broccoli. So I was disappointed with that. My next disappointment was the size of the crunchy noodles I received. I honestly have not seen a bag that small. If you want an extra bag of noodles, it will cost you 50 cent.

Food Taste:
The biggest disappointment of all was the taste of the food. The sauce for my beef with broccoli had more of a reddish/orange tint, versus a brown gravy tint. The hot and sour soup was luke warm, and tasted like it had been sitting for awhile. Needless to say I didn't finish the soup, and I ate some of the beef with broccoli.

In all I was very disappointed with the quality and quantity of food I received for the price.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Had their take out last night and they always give you more than enough food! The food is very good. We look forward to having this Chinese every time we come to town!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

We had take out but the food is excellent! Their pork rice is real pork slices. Shrimp rice the same. If you eat there you get special pricing! This place is a must to try!

1  Thank dsummer20

Been to China Star? Share your experiences!