All reviews shuttle bus ski lift excellent food pick ups good size beautiful hotel breakfast and dinner small village nothing is too much trouble few years half board ski holiday wine list chair lift jacuzzi gressoney slopes
Reviewed 10 January 2015

The property is situated right in the centre of Gressoney la Trinity, 5-7 minutes walk from the neaby lift, punta jolanda. The hotel provides its own shuttle to the lift and back.
My overall impression about staying in this hotel is good. My room was spacious enough for two although I travelled alone. The decor of wood and alpine embellisments made the room very cosy and warm. There was enough storage space. The bathroom amenities were ok as well. I ordered a half board and didn't regret it at all. Both breakfast and dinner were exceptional. The food was abandant!
Although I liked this place in general there were some minor details that made me slightly uncomfortable! First of all, the internet connection was sketchy at best. Secondly,the heating system had a mind of its own. So it was cold in the mornings and very warm at night! Thirdly, dinner is served at 19 30 which is a but late. At the same time breakfast starts at 7 30
and if you are leaving early there will be no breakfast as I was explicitly told by a waiter. Finally, the housekeeping staff is probably not aware that dust needs to be cleaned from the surfaces.

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Evgenia N
Reviewed 24 November 2014

We stayed in lo scoiattolo in February with a group of friends and had a fantastic time.. Needless to say, the snow conditions were suberb as well, so this must have contributed somewhat to our overall impression. The hotel is 10 min walk from the lifts to punta Jolanda and is a great point from which to explore the monte rosa.. Food was very good and in ample supply (I have a big appetite ), staff friendly and accommodating - I had off piste guides arranged by the front desk.
Overall would definitely consider staying there again, a nice option if you like something cosy..

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 16 September 2014

My wife and I have very recently got back form a week of late-summer hiking in the Lys Valley during which we were lucky enough to choose to stay at Hotel Lo Scoiattolo (The Squirrel Hotel) in Gressoney-la-Trinite. This hotel is as authentically alpine as the mountains that it sits below, clad in pine and festooned with geraniums. We stayed half-board which meant that we were able to enjoy a variety of wonderful 5 course meals that they served in the cosy restaurant as well as starting every day with a fine breakfast buffet. A special mention should go to the waiting staff who were extremely efficient and friendly, patiently coping with my mangled pronunciation of the menu. The spa facilities were perfect for relaxing sore muscles after long days scaling the mountains. The village isn't bursting with facilities, however the local shop had everything you could need including a friendly shop-keeper who kept us topped up with supplies and the bus service was cheap and reliable. An extremely good hotel in a beautiful setting, I wish I could see it in the snow.

Room Tip: We stayed slightly off-season and the hotel was very quiet, therefore we had a balcony room looking up the valley with no extra charge. This did mean that the ski lifts were not working so we had to do a little extra 'up' walking.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights to enjoy the beautiful surrounding alpine hikes as well as the not to be missed cable car rides up to the glaciers of Monte Rosa - awesome views! Nice spa facilities accompany a very good restaurant. Wonderful warm, friendly service makes this an ideal place to stay while you are in the area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimSTL1021
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This place is a real find!
5 star at a 4 star price.
Great spot, great rooms, great service!
And go for the half pension option. There is no skimping on the quality of the food.
The cheese plate has to be seen to be believed.

• Stayed: August 2014