“Great food lovely view”
Review of Pepe Nero - Veccja

Pepe Nero - Veccja
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Description: With breathtaking views of Xemxija Bay, Veccja proposes a menu focused on seafood dishes. Our restaurant takes the shape of an old fish market but still offers a selection of our meats together with our full list of pizzas made in an artisanal manner.
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

The food especially the fish is excellent. Staff is super polite and the view from the terrace is to die for. Ten on ten.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived for lunch at 2ish so we politely asked if they would still serve lunch as we had no booking and it was after all 2pm. They replied in the affirnitave and we sat outside on one of the small terrace tables. My daughter and myself. We were quick to order. We asked if they had any vegetarian/vegan dishes and of course were told we could order pizza or pasta. So much for menu selection ! My daughter chose a plate of pasta with mushroom sauce. We don't do creme at home but we understood from the girl s tone ( the girl serving us ) that they were not happy to be flexible . We know cos we asked if the sauce could be made without creme and she immediately told us ' yes but it will be bad and dry ' I was told I could have a plate of spaghetti a aglio e olio with cherry tomatoes thrown in ( should I have been grateful) I know some restaurants find it hard to accommodate vegans. But I also know that many don't ... with aubergines, artichokes, spinach and so many veg in full season I find it hard to comprehend how the pasta dishes in many restaurants are still mainly : mushroom, seafood, meat. Almost like mushroom is the only vegetable we know! If there was an aubergine sauce would it be just vegans or vegetarians to go for it ? On a positive note the view was breathtaking. I always say this whenever I drive past or run in st. Paul s bay. This restaurant could be a gold mine..and perhaps it is. But unfortunately I cannot recommend it . Our food was served after about 20 min from ordering . I expected to wait since my choice was not on the menu but not to get served any bread ( let alone bruschetta or some olives)whilst waiting !... I love when restaurants do that. Many do . I think it s a nice gesture costs nothing or close to nothing and customers are happy. We asked for 2 glasses of Chablis as we didn't feel like a lot of wine and in fact we did not have a lot of wine ! Merely 1/3 of the wine glass . For €7 euro /glass that is quite a misery. This was not my first time at the restaurant . Been twice before and we had been served by a lovely foreign gentleman who was all smiles and really helpful. Maybe the fact the girl who served us this time never smiled once and the fact they measured the wine per glass in an egg cup before serving...I told myself to find another restaurant to eat at when up north

1  Thank Simone M
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The fish and seafood was delicious. The argentine steak was fantastic. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. They did a great job with service even when the restaurant was full. The open kitchen was a nice touch and the kitchen staff were also very friendly. Eugenia was a brilliant manager.

Ottavio S, General Manager at Pepe Nero - Veccja, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon,
First of all thank you for choosing one of our Pepe Nero restaurants whilst visiting our beautiful island of Malta.
May I also thank you for sharing your experience with others as this brings us joy and motivation to continue improving on what we are doing .

We look forward to host you again whilst on visit to Malta in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner. I had a margarita pizza which was good except there wasn't a lot of cheese so if you're a cheese lover it's not wow. Husband had octopus salad which was overcooked and chewy. The rest of the table were all very happy with their food. Pretty average.

1  Thank stephiepepsi

Good afternoon,

Thank you for choosing one of our Pepe Nero restaurants and may we also thank you for sharing your experience with others.

We appreciate all suggestions given to us from clients and where we think that We can improve by change we do act on it . In fact this is one of those cases where we took our client's suggestion .

We just changed on to our new menu last week and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I've been travelling the island in search of this elusive sea urchin pasta for a couple of days. Only to find it in a restaurant only half a mile away from my hotel. That's karma.
The entrance to this restaurant is a bit hard to find, but once inside is large and lively. Maybe a bit on the dark side (not Star Wars, in mean the lights), makes it difficult to take good photos, and to see exactly all the details on the plate.
I did enjoy the sea urchin pasta very much and the lobster ravioli was great as well, made with white lobster meat (unlike the other dish tried somewhere else that was also something else).
Good service as well, moderate prices.

Good afternoon,

We look forward to host you again whilst on visit to Malta in the future.