Qawra Palace Hotel
Topaz Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Restaurant
Dolmen Hotel Malta(St. Paul's Bay)
US$183
US$156
  • Beachfront
Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$65
US$53
US$144
US$140
  • Restaurant
Villa Zammitella(St. Paul's Bay)
US$54
US$90
US$88
  • Pool
Arzella Rooms(St. Paul's Bay)
US$44
Salini Resort(St. Paul's Bay)
US$236
US$228
  • Breakfast included
Porto Azzurro(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Pool
San Pawl Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
TripAdvisor
2,969 results
All reviewsthe busa sea view roomcoffee shopplenty of choiceolder peoplebad reviewssea frontsoupsmeal timesgreat holidayentertainment every nightjust returned from a weekoutdoor poolwalk in showereach eveninglocal busescleaned every day
Reviewed 11 April 2016

There is no way on earth this is a 4* hotel. On the experience I just had its a 2*. It is near the beach which is great the pool is salt water, We weren't on a holiday as such our son was playing against Malta in basketball and me and my good lady went to support him and stayed for 4 days in early April 2016. So glad this was not a holiday my wife would have been distraught. You get one room key so you can't leave aircon on while your out ??? As it also operates the electric. You get another single card for the all inclusive. We forgot the key for the room several times when leaving but cleaners let us back in to get the key (phew) we were so use to having 2 keys.
The all inclusive is awkward, you have to have the swipe card and queue on a till separate to the bar. The give your a receipt which you take to the bar once you get through the bar queue and then you can in,y order 2 drinks if 2 on the all inclusive, so you can't get a round for friends. The drinks are very limited, there is Stella ( strong stuff not watered down) and wines and shorts but all local, stick with rose wine it's not as bad as the others.
The food is poor, not much selection at all and not fresh. Least selection I have ever seen. The rooms are rubbish, they are clean, but look like they were furnished in the 70's and not updated, like a walk back through time. The bathroom was new and on first glance appeared nice, however is poorly installed with little attention to detail just thrown in. The was no night time entertainment. The bars are downstairs and are not very ambient and have no atmosphere. Staff were mixed some were helpful and polite especially when I tipped them. However others were just ignorant and not professional and didn't even have manners. The girl on the front desk is rude, she can't handle having a query while people are being booked in, she is highly strung.
The lifts are also over 40 years old and smell, they broke down 3 times while we were there and we had to walk up 6 flights of stairs, my wife has had an operation on her knee and struggles with stairs, I was crossing my fingers every other time we entered the lifts that we did not get stuck in them. The lobby frontage and area made me feel like the bad reviews were unwarranted, however don't judge a book by its cover, it's poor everywhere else. We demand luxury when we pay for it, my advice would be look through wher the people who give this 4 or 5 * have stayed previously as there standards are very questionable. Good luck and hope this saved you from disappointment.

Room Tip: 14 euro extra a day for sea view, all other rooms view is laughable you look at walls
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren G
Reviewed 7 April 2016

did not book a sea view and expected a view over buildings or countryside. had a room on the top floor.(we requested a high floor room) which was situated in a rectangular with only views of other rooms. The balcony was so small that only 2 chairs sideways could be put on. The rest of the room was adequate. The food was of a poor quality with little choice of hot and cold dishes .Their were 100 Belgium students staying who were noisy and disruptive but the hotel didn't seem bothered with comments made . The hotel was closing for a week to accommodate only students who were attending a pop concert on the island? We were disappointed by this hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tracey r
Reviewed 6 April 2016

I did pay extra for a room with a sea view as I used to live round the corner from this hotel when I worked in Malta and know alot of the rooms have a back street view, so it's well worth paying the extra to wake up to the beautiful sea view and view of their sea front promenade in Qawra. The bed was comfortable and had air conditioning/heat system and has satellite tv and a full size bath. I was Bed and Breakfast and the breakfast was a combination of a continental and full english, with fresh sausages and bacon. Very helpful and friendly staff, the cleaners come every day and there's a great coffee shop in the hotel on the ground floor that does cakes,sandwiches etc.5 mins walk to the bus station and there's a beach right across the road.Would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: pay extra for sea view and ask for a high level so less noise
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank bananaesp
Reviewed 5 April 2016

The hotel frontage has a very pleasant view of the sea. The hotel is constructed in the shape of a square, as a result the rooms that face the interior courtyard will not have any afternoon sun. The outdoor pool is situated across the the main road, but can be accessed from within the hotel.
There is very little of interest near the hotel, a few cafes and bars. The local bus passes the front of the hotel, but is normally full by the time it arrives. I would suggest that you walk to the Terminus which is a short walk from the hotel.
The main problem for guests is when arriving at the restaurant, especially for dinner. There is no provision to order any form of drinks at your table. It is necessary to stand in a line to order your drinks, pay for them and obtain a bill.
Then you join another line at the adjoining bar, present your bill then wait for your drinks.Then the fun starts. You then carry your drinks into the restaurant and look for a table.This is quite unacceptable and is an accident waiting to happen. The evening entertainment was usually very good.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank PabloFiascoWales
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed last weekend for 4 nights, check in was easy and quick. We were given a room on the 7th floor, lifts were very slow.

Our room was clean, very basic but fine for a short stay. Beds were very hard and gave me us both backache and the bedding was too thin for this time of the year and we were both cold during the night.

Walls are ridiculously thin and throughout the night we could hear drunken conversations.. singing.. furniture being moved etc etc. This kept my friend up every night we stayed.

Staff were pleasant and helpful, we paid for the wifi and safe service which I feel should be included for a 4* hotel.. the wifi was slow and overpriced we gave up using it as it was taking too long.

Hotel was fine but I wouldnt return, this is more a 2* than a 4* and not what we expected it to be.. it was more of a kids playground than a hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends