“Good food -ambiance lacking”
Review of Surf N Turf

Surf N Turf
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Qawra
Price range: US$12 - US$82
Description: Surf N Turf Strive to serve you with exceptional dishes cooked to perfection. Our menu offers a selection of Mediterranean cuisine with a French fusion. This includes the daily specials which are fresh local fish and prime meat cuts. Dishes are also accompanied by a wide range of fresh and local products. Besides, the assistance of sommelier Joshua Borg will guide you to select from a vast and detailed wine list. Finally, a mouth-watering homemade dessert will end your dining experience on a positive note.
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We went due to a recommendation from our hotel. The staff are warm friendly and attentive, the food is good, I had the slow cooked pork, tasty, moist and tender, and my wife had Surf n Turf, -very small lobster and two thin beef medallions which she said was ok, but nothing special.
The interior decor detracts from it being as good an experience as it could be. The lighting is way too bright for a romantic meal. The drapes/window treatment looks like two shower curtains with a piece of brown material wrapped loosely around the pole - very 1990s, the artwork displayed is garish and incogruent to the rest of the decor, giving a very confused image of the style. It’s currently semi-fine dining in a cafe?

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Such a lovely evening spent at this fine dining restaurant for my mum’s birthday. We selected various of starters to share based on both fish and meat. And for main course we selected red snapper from the fish display. Since we are both a choclate lovers we select dark chocolate tart and choclate brownie both was to die for. Surley recommanded

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

This time i went straight for main which was tuna steak and my friend for the pork belly.
Both plated with a lot of passion and cooked up to perfection.
For dessert we shared the apple tortellini , delicious!
This place has everything i need and expect from a fine dining restaurant!
Another great evening.
Thanks to all the team.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Having read the reviews I thought I’d try this restaurant on our last night in St. Paul’s bay- really regretted it.
To start we ordered the mussels and the chicken pate - nicely plated but flavour on the pate was bland, mussels were actually quite nice- now we go down hill.
For mains I ordered the duck and my partner had the pork belly. I expected his pork belly to be tender but it held its shape while the duck was the driest duck I have ever had in my entire life. Not an exaggeration, while the sauce was so sickly sweet. I am not one to criticize but that was truly horrendous considering the prices and how nicely plated it all looked - it was almost as if the duck breast is pre cooked then microwaved. The veg and potatoes came in a bowl to share- similar to pub food.
As a result of a truly disappointing meal we opted for no desserts, just after dinner drinks as the bartender was noticeably bored and staring at us throughout our meal.
For that, bill came in at around 80 euros. We were at a 5 star restaurant with wine, 3 courses etc a few nights previously and that was about 20 euros less. This restaurant was bland bland bland, my advice is go elsewhere if you want flavour.