4 people are viewing this hotel
US$22
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
US$22
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$19
Free cancellation until 03/02/22
PricelineUS$22
Hotels.comUS$22
FindHotelUS$22
All reviews mini fridge infinity pool adequate storage space breakfast service beans large bed rooms are spacious bugibba square lovely hotel the location is perfect yogurt highly recommend this hotel water pressure minutes walk away staff at reception the bus stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2021 via mobile

We had a superior sea view room. Non of the rooms on the front of the hotel get direct sunshine . The sea view is partial as most of the view is other buildings. There 198 rooms yet only 50-60 sun beds. The bar only sells cans and bottles and is very small .

Room tip: The best thing is the location very close to the bus station.
Reviewed 18 October 2021 via mobile

After doing quite a bit of research I chose Mayflower based on price and the reviews and so glad I did.

Positives:

Location- a quieter area but literally 2 minute walk to the bus station where you can get cheap and reliable public transport around the Island.
10 min walk to the busier promenade and Bugibba Square and about a 15 min walk to the harbour. There are a few restaurants in the immediate area but imho I would venture a little further.

Rooms- spacious and clean. Lots of storage space, a flat screen TV, mini fridge (complimentary water on arrival as well!), an easy to use safe and a small but perfectly nice balcony. Bathroom was well designed, shower was nice. Bathroom mirror was perfect for putting my contacts in!!

Reception/staff- all staff we encountered were absolutely lovely. Lupe especially was superb, super friendly and always had a lovely compliment for my homemade masks!

Breakfast- a lot more choice than I had been led to believe! Cold meats, cheeses etc, yogurts, various pastries, breads and then hot options including eggs, sausages, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and hash browns. I am vegetarian so I did need to get a bit creative lol. Tea/coffee and hot drinks as well as juices. We always tried to go early and beat the rush (well worth going before 9am!!). The staff in there are also great, the lady that served me hot items was always so lovely and chatter away. Dishes and tables were cleared and cleaned quickly.

Pool- area is clean, always loads of sunbeds and the pool is beautiful. Views are fantastic and there is a bar serving drinks

Not so much negatives but niggles!! I genuinely feel if some of these areas are improved, this hotel could be one of the best:

Rooms- the single beds are very narrow and made soooo much noise with every toss and turn (I feel sorry for honeymooners if the doubles are as loud).

The rooms need a mirror! Either a full length or one on the desk.

Pool- it is so windy already on the roof and then the pool is freezing. Either they need to invest in glass going higher as a barrier or heat the pool slightly. Honestly the sea was warmer.

Breakfast- while there is a lot of choice, I feel perhaps the layout needs to be adjusted. Move the toast and bread section away and have a bigger space for the cooked stuff to improve the flow as its a bit haphazard now. Also maybe some plant based milk available would be brill.
The coffee machines and juices- not great, the coffee is palatable but the juices are so sweet I couldn't even have them. My suggestion would be fresh(er) juices in barrel dispensers and perhaps American style filter coffee pots. It would make such a huge difference.

All in all, we really loved our stay. The customer service was superb, complimentary water and hand sanitiser on arrival, free late checkout if available and great area with plenty of places to see. The hotel is new and I feel it is still finding its feet a bit. If they take on some of the suggestions myself and others have said, this may become THE place the stay in Bugibba.

Room tip: Do your research and plan your days. Use the public transport system, it's so cheap and reliable. Ask for a high floor room. Go to breakfast early. Be kind to staff.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank cupcakekikim
Malcolm Buhagiar, General Manager at Mayflower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2021

I thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your constructive comments. We welcome any feedback received as this is the only way we can improve in the service we provide.

I will definitely discuss your suggestions with my team and pass on your comments to all the staff especially Lupe.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Mayflower Hotel. In the meantime should you require any assistance please feel free to contact me on malcolm.buhagiar@mayflowerhote.com.mt

Reviewed 17 October 2021

After our original holiday got cancelled or postponed so many times we thought we would try green list Malta.

Sanitation
I checked the room including tops of tv, light bulbs and hard to reach shelves and there wasn’t a speck of dust anywhere.

Reception
Excellent customer service every tiny thing we requested they happily dealt with immediately.

Breakfast
Far more choice than expected. Yoghurts, fruit, cheeses, meats, breads and rolls, pastries, jams, Nutella, cereals, bacon, different sausages, scrambled and fried eggs, potatoes (different sorts each day) grilled tomatoes. As much as you can eat.

Rooms
Now I have one HUGE problem with the rooms. They need a mirror in them. The only mirror is in the bathroom where you can’t plug in straighteners etc. However everything else is good. Very large bed with linen changed every few days. Plenty of storage and a handy safe and fridge. Late check out is free until 1 pm if the room is available. €15 for a late 3 pm check out. Our room was not available but they moved things around so we could keep it until 3.

Pool
The pool is cold when you first get it in but soon warms up. The pool area is lovely and clean but yes people do save/reserve beds.

Area around the hotel
The hotel itself is quiet. However by the end of the street you will have passed doctors, pharmacy, car hire, police station and bus station, bar and restaurant. Welbees supermarket 2 streets away looks tiny but it’s large inside and sells everything (highly recommended and only 5 minutes walk).

Car hire
We hired a Peugeot 208 from Josef next to the hotel for 2 days (more than enough time). Cost £63 including insurance.

Food and drink
The red lion at the end of the street is ok but slightly hit and miss. My husband eats mainly meat and I am vegetarian and the best value for money and quality was Mr Kebab (on the corner by welbees). If you want a nice meal out however Victoria, on the main square is brilliant, amazing food not very expensive and happy hour from 5 - 8 pm on cocktails. The drinks do take a little while to arrive.

Transfers
Only 30 minutes to/from the airport.

1  Thank Jacqui1sc

I thank you for your review and your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Mayflower Hotel.

I am pleased to inform you that rest of long mirrors have been delivered and will be installed in the next couple of weeks.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the not so distant future. In the meantime if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me on malcolm.buhagiar@mayflowerhotel.com.mt

Reviewed 14 October 2021 via mobile

Amazing hotel, absolute bargain for the price we paid and service we received. The hotel is spotless, clean, fresh, new and the decor is also on point. All staff are welcoming and helpful. Some people on previous reviews moaned about breakfast but there is an open window between 7am and 10am if you want to have breakfast with less people then go earlier! We only had to queue on one day and other than that we had no issues finding a table or with the selection of food. The rooms are spacious and have ample storage, a mini fridge, long mirror and a huge comfy bed. The bathroom is a decent size my only issue was the overhead shower had no water pressure and was not powerful enough, the removable shower head was powerful but slightly broken so water was going in all different directions. This may have just been an issue with our bathroom. The location of the hotel is perfect. Bus terminal at the end of the road, promenade 5 minute walk away and bugibba square further up. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely return again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Malcolm Buhagiar, General Manager at Mayflower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2021

I thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your nice comments. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay at the Mayflower hotel.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused with the shower and water pressure. I would appreciate if you could send me the number of the room you stayed in so our maintenance staff can fix it. My e-mail address is malcolm.buhagiar@mayflowerhotel.com.mt

We look to welcoming you again. In the meantime if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights
Staff really pleasant helpfully and friendly
Superb room and balcony hotel really clean food excellent with lots of choices .
Lovely shower.
Rooms cleaned daily to high standard .
Balcony needs a table and plug socket and mirror in main room however these are minor issues.
Highly recommend this hotel we are already planning to return in November and February.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Malcolm Buhagiar, General Manager at Mayflower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your comments. I am glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to all the staff.

We look forward to hosting you again in November. In the meantime should you require any assistance please feel free to contact me on malcolm.buhagiar@mayflowerhotel.com.mt