3 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.comUS$36
eDreamsUS$41
EtripUS$41
2,512 results
All reviews rooftop bar the bus indoor pool bar staff games room older people fussy eater all inclusive drinks blue lagoon cleaned every day beans sharon entertainment malta bugibba sunbeds euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 November 2021

I booked this hotel from travel Republic, so i can meet my family for our anul holiday together,
From the moment i steps in the hotel i was greeted extremely rude by the reception staff, i arrival at 2 in the morning and i didn't recived any water or food I was told to order something from Bolt ,
The hotel is disgusting, dirti ,old and smelly , not a 4 * hotel is a1* hotel maybe ( il uploaded some photo)
1- The room had all the furniture broken and ,the bathroom was moulded and the towels have hols in them, and the balcony had a broken table, night time i could sleep becuse in the bathroom you cam hear the music from the terrace.
2 - The hotel is pet friendly, but not cleaned properly and is smels like pee and dog food, and everything thing is broken or rusted
3 - The pool is badly damaged and old
4 - the food is the same evey day , not very good i was eating out most of the time.
I paid for all inclusive bun .
I did asked for a refund but i recived a 25% of for my next visit.
Are you crazy im never going back was a nightmare. Disgusting and dirty.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2021

We have visited several times before and decided to return when rules changed mid Oct to see a friends baby. Saw reviews weren’t as good but thought ok things changed due to Covid so would give it a try and it can’t be that different. Omg big mistake can’t believe it’s the same hotel.
Tv had no English channels 2 complaints then we got some but no news. And the size of laptop.
Room so dated beds moved if u turned over quick. No comfie chairs. Balcony furniture stained. No coil or nets so had to keep curtains shut so room very dark.
Bathroom needs more storage and towels awful small and not fluffy.
Food: terrible cold little selection of salad rices potatoes restaurant noisy huge queques due to lack of staff. Tables not cleared or relaid quickly enough. Hate that you are no longer given a table on arrival but hav to search once you hav food or leave personal stuff on table to mark it.
Roof top bar rarly open and only food 1 day and special order last day.
Seoerate email going to hotel with complaints as didn’t want to spend hotel trying to get stuff sorted.
Dogs in restaurant and bar didn’t know this until after booked and cat wandering in and out. Not hygienic
Indoor pool chilly roof 1 freezing!
Children allowed to run round restaurant screaming be in pool unattended down to parents but staff should hav words as dangerous and annoying.
Entertainment terrible singers and only catered for locals who take over tables only buying a water all night!

Most Staff unhelpful not interested in their work and some rude.
So glad we do trips and saw friends as hated being in hotel this visit.
Ellisa restaurant only good thing this visit. Staff friendly I treated in guests their work. Food hot very good price to.would have used more if had a normal 2 weeks but only managed 19 days due to work and glad in light of hotel standard this time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2021

The building may be a little old and tired in places but to be perfectly honest, the most important things in any all inclusive hotel are food and comfort and the Soreda offered both in abundance.

If you don't like dogs, then don't go to this hotel because the dogs that were in attendance when we were there showed many of the tourists up when it came to good behaviour and they certainly looked a lot cleaner than some of the guests.
The food was of unbelieveable quality for a 4 star (3 star) all inclusive hotel. with fare like prawns, calamari, steak, Chow Mein and sword fish. I am a fussy eater but I never left the restaurant hungry and unfortunately, the four of us all put on a substantial few pounds. My only complaint with regard to the food was the bacn, which needs to be fried a little more and the scrambled egg could do with being taken off the heat sooner, so it is not rubbery.

There were not too many kids there, which was fantastic, although the few that were there were not particularly well behaved. Don't go there in school holiday if you want to avoid the screaming kids whose parents have no idea how to control them or just don't care.

The staff need to be trained to ask guests to wear there masks properly!! I raised this issue several times but it fell on deaf ears. If they are going to have a mask rule, then it should be applied correctly to everybody. Some guests were too stupid to understand that wearing it under the chin or nose offers no protection at all.

The staff are absolutely lovely, apart from 1 or 2 miserable whotsits and the manager was particularly friendly. Our room lady did a lovely job and we had clean towels every day.

The entertainment leaves a lot to be desired. Fabian has as much charisma as a damp rag and a voice to match. Slouched over a stool with his jacket thrown over the back, he didn't seem to win over his audience. The saxophone player was brilliant. After his session, he got everybody up dancing to his 60's, 70's and 80's disco music and it was probably the most active dance floor of our stay.

Limited number of Russians and Germans so that is a very desirable reason to stay at the Soreda.

I don't think you'll be disappointed at the Soreda, as long as you don't set the bar too high. It's Malta, not the West End in the UK!

Room tip: Ask for a balcony room overlooking the enclosed courtyard, nice and peaceful.
Reviewed 22 October 2021

I travelled here with my 88 year old mum, and sister (she had her own room) in Oct 21; we've just got back. I like to leave good honest reviews to help other travellers.

Although I agree with some of the bad comments I feel I must leave my side of the story.

Firstly I stopped here because my son came here 2 years ago and really liked it. So although the recent reviews are mainly 1 or 2 stars I went off his recommendations instead. The price for All Inclusive was the best in the whole of Malta for a 4* resort and my elderly mum likes AI (not for the alcohol) because she doesn't have to leave if she doesn't want to.

Rooms
The rooms were of similar quality to 4* resorts I've stopped in throughout Europe (I've been to Tenerife and Crete in last 2 months) so I would say it's of a similar standard to what I'm used to. Good quality mattresses, pillows, towels, bathroom inc hairdryer. I slept well during the day and at night. I wasn't bothered by any sounds. As I have recently had a double knee replacement, together with my elderly mum, I had previously asked for a suitable room to suit our walking difficulties. We were given the top floor, rooms 501 and 503 and they were perfect. Never had a problem with any lifts and we were 6 stairs away from the lifts and to the sun terrace/pool in the opposite direction. Couldn't have been better. Also the cleaner did a great job, replaced towels daily, changed bed linen every couple of days. The hotel was spotless.

I have to say some of the best ever food I have eaten in AI. Yes, like every other samey samey AI- always fish, pork, meat like steak, chicken/turkey as well as lots of pastas, chips, roasts, croquettes etc as well as bountiful salads and meats. Sweets were huge portions of different cakes like lemon meringue, cheesecake etc as well as ice cream. Breakfast was great too with the continental fare as well as bacon, eggs, beans, 2 types of sausage, cakes, croissants, cereal and fruit etc. Another station had different breads you could have toasted as well as a coffee machine serving all kinds of drinks as well as 4 different types of 'proper' juice from cartons. Yes, often the food wasn't as warm as it could be and the lines waiting were long at times. They were understaffed I agree but when I complained the management stated they were constantly recruiting. They all worked hard to serve people as fast as they could but because of Covid rules and government insistence means they HAVE no choice but to serve you from behind plastic shielding. This of course causes queues which isn't their fault. However one of my gripes was the size of the queues during weekends when they open up to locals. In particular Jit & Alpha went out of their way to help my elderly mum and Sochana was helpful too. Big thanks to Jit and Alpha in particular.
I will add queuing seems to be subjective by some nationalities. I got angry a couple of times by HOW MANY people ignore the queues and just push in even if there is only a small queue (my last evening meal had a queue of about 5 yet 6 rude people pushed in front of me even though I walk with a stick and have massive scars on show down both legs) . This is also something the Soreda needs to address either with signs or pointing this out to rude guests.

Drinks.
Barmen (sorry don't know names- one was from Macedonian - many thanks) worked hard to serve you and the drink amounts were copious. Also 'proper' coke, 7up and juices from cartons as well as good quality coffees from machines etc.

Facilities
Lots on offer. The largest amount of 'paid' games I've seen in a while like pool, arcade games etc.
3 pools but the outdoor ones are cold. The indoor pool with a large jacuzzi was great. Just the right temperature but as previously said in a different review was closed for private functions a couple of times. Again we must remember the hotel has been in lockdown for almost 18 months and has had to think of different ways to keep going financially so they have had to open up to locals to keep afloat and keep people in employment there.
There are 9 lifts as I recall too.

Entertainment
Sharp intake of breath. This is where they fall down. They had singers on each night (some repeated) and catered for what appears to be several locals with a passion for line dancing. Great for them. Not so great for the majority of guests. I make my own fun but it was harder than normal due to the monotone singing of country songs night after night. Except on Mon when Andre entertained us with a wide variety of songs and a mix of music. Karaoke isn't allowed in Malta due to close proximity to a shared microphone but Andre put the words on screen so we could sing along. Best night of whole week (and not a glimpse of locals).

Location
On a side street about 5 mins walk from prom. Not the best location but at least there wasn't passing traffic keeping you up all night.

There's a tour desk where you can book trips and 24 hr reception.

On our 3rd night there was a massive queue for food and I wasn't happy but I'm not one to moan about something I'm not happy with on trip advisor after the event. So I immediately spoke to the manager about my concerns. He listened intently and the next day offered personal assistance to my elderly mum in particular so she didn't have to queue. On reflection I think we have to understand the difficulties this hotel (not part of a world wide brand) have been going through to keep afloat. yes they've had to widen their intake to include locals and people with pets. I only saw 2 dogs during my week. The main issue for me was the entertainment solely aimed at the locals. They came in 5 or 6 times that week, buy one drink then dominate the dance floor with their line dances. The management needs to think, in my opinion, of who they are NOW serving, especially with the raft of recent negative reviews.

Overall it could have been better, but for the price we paid and the quality of the food and drink I think it was very good value and the good outweighs the bad. Thanks to all the staff, including manager (Alexander?) who listened to my concerns and more importantly took action, as well as the bar staff, cleaners and waiters, cooks and servers etc.

I will return at one point to this hotel. I was surprised how much Malta has to offer.

Room tip: ask for top floor
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 22 October 2021 via mobile

This hotel wasn't child friendly as there wasn't anything for children to do. They allowed dogs in the restaurant which was very unhygienic and the food wasn't good so my husband went without most days ,however we went out for our meals so we didn't have to eat the food at the hotel. We had to move rooms at 5 am in the morning as I had ants crawling over me and my side of the bed and discovered that there was an ants nest under my side of the bed. The hotel manger didn't even care and only sent up a security guard up to check it out. We arrived very late for our evening meal and we wasn't even offered a meal ,we had to buy a load of bread,a block of butter and some cheese and ham to make a sandwich. Despite the downs Malta was a beautiful country and people were so kind and we will be returning to Malta but not to the hotel soreda. This hotel is meant to be a 4 star. We wouldn't even rate it a 2 star.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple