US$399
US$226
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$363/night.

US$76
The Triton(Qawra)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsrooftop poolthe busresidential areanights half boardgrilled tomatocontinental breakfastthree stargames roombuggiba squarerabbitstar hotelmin walkstandard roomair conhotel barsea frontsandy beaches
Reviewed 29 April 2018

stayed at this wonderful hotel again,{3rd time}.
the staff and management cannot do enough for you,the food is great the atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed and we are definately going again next year{if not sooner}

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff H
Sunroute Hotels M, Guest Relations Manager at Sunflower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Geoff H,

Thank you for your kind review and for the maximum rate you gave us on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your repeated custom and we cannot wait until your next visit at Sunflower Hotel.

We really appreciate your comments about our staff and the atmosphere of the hotel as these comments encourage us to keep giving the best possible service and hospitality.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at Sunflower Hotel again.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

If you are looking for a base to explore the area then this is a good cheap hotel. The area is very run down, streets are lined with rubbish and dog mess galore - overlooks what looks like a car dumping ground but is used as a parking area too by the locals alongside the scrap cars.
Derelict building next door to car/junk yard has 'lovely' artwork (aka Graffiti) of 'Willy' creatures and swearing - not ideal if taking children. My 15yr old found it amusing. The area as a whole felt very unsafe as it was just my daughter and I. We certainly never felt safe to go out in the evening. Some of the staff were nice - others were sharp verging on unfriendly. In the restaurant once evening one of the waitresses was so sarcastic to me I couldn't believe what i was hearing. The dinner was ok, tasteless but ok although my daughter didn't like any of it so ate bread rolls for dinner each evening. If you want to order a drink with your meal then get the attention of a waitress when you get a table as you have no chance after that as they ignore you. Breakfast from a buffet was ok. Tea & coffee etc from a vending machine. Room was clean - I took detol wipes in-case but I was pleasantly surprised. Water pressure good for showering. Corridor floors are grotty - I dread to think what has been spilt on the floors. Only indoor '12ft pool' was open and we were told that the Jacuzzi is in-fact a Children's Pool!!!! mmmmm. Might have been more enjoyable had the roof-top pool been open even if just as a place to sit and relax. This is a 2 star at best.

Room Tip: There are no rooms with pleasant views but to avoid graffiti ask for a room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Sunroute Hotels M, Guest Relations Manager at Sunflower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Emlutoms_mum,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely apologise for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Our main goal is to please our guests and to provide them the best possible service and hospitality. In the view of improving our services, your comments will be discussed further.

Whilst we would like to thank you again for your review, we hope to welcome you again at Sunflower Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Sunflower hotel for 3 nights in mid Dec and we had a rather enjoyable stay here.
The staff were lovely and extremely helpful.
Our room was of good size and regularly cleaned.
It had a decent menu for breakfast and dinner at the restaurant/bar on the ground floor.
Both swimming pools are attractive(indoor/outdoors)with the rooftop one having splendid views and a mini bar which is open seasonally.
It’s around a 5 min walk to all the shops&restaurants,10 mins to the promenade/beach and the local bus station where you can catch a bus to almost anywhere in Malta.
Overall it’s a great hotel in my opinion as there wasn’t anything which I was unhappy with,the service was excellent and we had a fantastic time.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Sunroute Hotels M, Guest Relations Manager at Sunflower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Bashez,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to note that your had a pleasant stay with us. We aim to please our guest and to provide them the best possible service and hospitality.

It is glad to note that you found your room satisfying and our staff helpful.

Whilst we thank you again we also hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you at Sunflower Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

So after reading some of the reviews on here I was quite worried about going here. I'd bought the holiday as a surprise for a weekend with my partner and a chance to explore. I was pleasantly surprised at my stay and had a great time. For the money, it was great. Not sure what people were expecting for the price.

The room was clean and comfortable. Some people mention the building work being done around but I think that's quite common as it was similar in a few areas I visted across the island - it looks like theres a lot of developments being done. We were using the hotel as a base to travel round and so it was perfect for that.

The pool was closed which we weren't aware however it was quite windy and I can see from prev comments it's open from May which would probably be a better time. There is a small pool inside which we made use of in the late evening which was nice as was very quiet due to it being open till late evening.

On our first night the man on shift was so helpful and drew us bus routes rough times and ideal places to go. Whilst a ten min walk from bars etc, the hotel is right beside the bus station. The bar man was off on the 24hr bar for some late min reason, but he jumped in and poured us a drink and we had a good laugh.

Maids did a good job but I do have to say they were quite early chapping the door at 8:00/8:30am.

Ciggy and juice machine with water crisps and things. Didn't make it up on time for breakfast, but I'm the kind of person who prefers to go out. Gate of India round the corner was delicious and so reasonable - I'd recommend this!!

Had a great time and it's a good base for a hotel. It's basic but that's what you pay for. Me and my partner wanting to go back over summer to explore more of Malta now that we know how easy and accicable everything is, and we will be looking to book here :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rebeccab0rland

Dear Rebeccab0rland,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your comments and they will be discussed further with the rest of the management team, in the view of improving our services.

We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again at Sunflower Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Clean, cheap, good base. Area is very run down, streets lined with rubbish, fag butts and dog poo with a general aroma of drains....My 13yr old niece and 45 yr old sister were followed by a dodgey man who only stopped when they entered the hotel, 8pm. Staff were like Jekyll & Hyde, basically unaccompanied females were not approved of at all. This was obvious particularly in the restaurant where we only had 1 staff member out of 5 be ok with us the rest were almost aggressive! Breakfast from a buffet, reasonable for the price. Tea & coffee etc from a vending machine. No obvious instructions for the room air-con or fan, other info only available on a screen near reception. Views of a scrap yard from the back and building works (6am start) from the front. Only indoor 'pool' was open which is about 12ft across! Buggiba equally disappointing with the exception of the National Aquarium which was great.

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane S

Dear Jane S,

We would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Guest feedback are highly appreciated as they help us to improve our product and services. We regret to note that we did not meet your expectations and we sincerely apologise for this. Our main goal is to please our guests who are coming from different countries with different expectations.

We always advise our guests to communicate any issues whilst they are in the hotel so that we can rectify them immediately. The Duty Manager is always available to ensure that we provide a proper services. Besides your comments will be certainly passed onto the management team where they will be discussed further.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in us and welcome you at Sunflower Hotel in the near future.