“Lovely meal enjoyed our food”
Review of Butcher's Grill

Butcher's Grill
Ranked #64 of 103 Restaurants in Qawra
Price range: US$5 - US$88
Cuisines: African
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Butchers Grill is an African restaurant which has been in Malta for the past 9 years which, offers a unique fusion of 2 countries cuisine which gives you an explosive taste of Maltese and South African food, all our spices are imported from Tanzania, and South Africa, that will leave you with an unbelievable taste on your taste buds
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

At first I was not sure to enter but i am so glad we did. The service is lovely. Food quality and taste yummy and yes I will defiantly go again thanks to mark the chef.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Nearly didn't come in but so glad we did . The best steak in Malta and the wine is lovely and all the prices reasonably, a bit out of the way , but a must if in Qawra.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

This restaurant's menu is very vast and appetising at first glance but sadly its kitchen doesn't do justice to the menu. Food is seriously sub standard. One of my friends ordered Garlic mushrooms as a starter. To our amazement he was served a couple of sad looking chopped up mushrooms in an ice cream bowl with a little lettuce at the bottom! As for the bruschettas they were covered in butter and the topping was served separately. Although not bad it wasn't good either. The fact that it was stone cold didn't help.
As for our main courses which consisted of a pair of T bone steaks and octopus, they were below average as well. The boiled vegetables that came straight from a packet from the freezer definitely didn't help improve the dish. AVOID!!

Marc S, Manager at Butcher's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2017

Hi Adrian, I am very disappointed with your review, you already wrote a misleading review on Facebook about the property which you removed and now this about the meal, if you were so disappointed why did you not raise your issues on the night, I must tell you once again I disagree 100% with you

Regards

Marc

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Tge food is very nice and reasonably priced very good service and nice friendly staff. The set menu was very good value.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Staying at the Sunny Coast hotel, we had diner twice there and twice the food was excellent and the staff very friendly. I know it is called "A taste of Africa" but we focused on the Maltese specialities they offer and we were not disappointed.
However we went for breakfast once and it felt completely different. The continental breakfast consist of a cold plastic wrapped burger cheese, two plastic wrapped jam, two mini croissant, a yogurt, coffee and juice. The waitress seems having a bad busy morning (I am still waiting for my orange juice after having asked for it twice...). We did not enjoyed this, for 4.50€ it is not the end of the world but I would have been annoyed if breakfast was included in our room.
Still, I would definitely recommend to try the food at diner time.

Marc S, General Manager at Butcher's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear Nicolas,

Firstly I am happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner, as for the breakfast everybody has different tastes, and as for the waitress I can only apologize and ensure that out next guests do not suffer the same problem