“Great value for money”
Review of Euroclub Hotel

Euroclub Hotel
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We've just had 10 days at the Euroclub in Qawra, having booked the cheapest holiday we could find for it on the internet. We arrived at night and were really disappointed with our room, it was really small and basic - I'd requested a double with a sea or pool view and it was a tiny twin overlooking the street. It wasn't dirty, but the decor was really tired and that made it look grubby. There also wasn't a hairdryer (!!!) as advertised on the hotel website. I asked straight away if we could change rooms and the manager, who was still on site (at nearly 10pm) very patiently explained that they were full but he would see what he could do the following day when some people had checked out.

True to his word, he came to find us at breakfast the next day and said he did have a much better room but it would be 6 euros per night extra. He said we could have a look at it and then decide. The room was lovely, really light and spacious with a lovely view overlooking the pool and (most importantly) a hairdryer too, so we were happy to pay for the upgrade. We asked to hire a fridge and he gave us it for free for the hassle of having to move, which was really nice of him considering that actually we should have just booked a better quality room in the first place as a deluxe room was available (for 6 euros a night more) when we booked but we opted to go for the cheapest room available.

We booked B&B, but only because it's hard to get room only basis in Malta, which is what we normally prefer, so we hadn't planned on having breakfast there but in the end we did have breakfast there every day because it saved so much time, not to mention money. The dining room is a little dated, but it was clean, well attended by helpful staff and breakfast was fine. There were cornflakes, breads, a toast maker, cold meats and cheeses, bacon, sausage, beans and eggs every morning, as well as unlimited juice, tea, fresh coffee, butter, jams, marmalade etc. Sometimes you had to wait for the hot food to be replenished because they cook it in smaller quantities as required, but the wait was never long and it was nice to know that it was all freshly cooked rather than a huge pile being done at the start and then left to dry up over the 2hr breakfast period. We didn't use the pool but from our balcony we watched them clean the whole area and the pool itself every single day and it certainly looked spotless all the time.

Our room was cleaned every day and we had lovely fresh white towels every day too. I asked the maid not to bother some days because it really didn't need it and we are always happy to air our towels and re-use them when we can. Our sheets didn't get changed which was a bit of a surprise because everything else was done so fastidiously, but I'm sure if we'd have asked they would have done it, and actually, they were fine with just an airing every morning which is what I do at home anyway.

The hotel is very centrally located and a 5 min walk away from the seafront at both Bugibba or Qawra (though none of the rooms have a sea view, worth noting if you're booking online via a low cost provider as we did as they automatically give you an option for a sea view room for every hotel, whether they have one or not!).

The only slight downside is that not all the rooms have air conditioning. Ours only had a ceiling fan, which was a godsend during the night when the temperature was still in the high 70s, but air con would have been much more comfortable. This would be a significant investment for the hotel though and would mean that their prices would have to rise.

We didn't fly until 9pm on our last day so we were able to leave our suitcases at the hotel all day, which is standard practice I know, but what isn't always standard is that we were also given a room at the end of the day with fresh towels so that we could shower and change before getting our transfer to the airport. This was really helpful and made our journey home much more comfortable.

For what we paid it was definitely very good value for money and we would go back to the Euro Club again in the future, though I'd be sure to book a deluxe room with a pool view from the outset because it was so nice and really worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a pool view or deluxe room, it really is worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WestieF
Simonkts, General Manager at Euroclub Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Everyone at the Euroclub Hotel values all positive feedback as we work to be the best Budget hotel in the area or the hotel with Great value for money
All of the staff are very happy that you enjoyed the service, food and cleanliness during your stay
It is wonderful to read that you thought so highly of our hotel, reflected by the high scores that you have given to us. On reading your review it is warming to note that I and my staff assisted you with their outstanding customer service
Our attention to guest satisfaction is something we pride ourselves on at the Euroclub hotel
We loved having you here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Kind Regards
Sayed

Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed here for 1 night - I feel that the hotel should not be reliant
on the over friendliness of the staff to over shadow the problems in the
hotel.
The room we were allocated was spacious but that did not cover the
fact that there were many things that were wrong within the room.

There was a cracked tile on floor - dangerous
The toilet roll holder was missing the roll holder, so useless.
The room had no air conditioning – only ceiling fans with one speed – slow – there were no blackout curtains so in the morning the sun filled the room and made it unbearable.
There was a heavy mirror balanced on the top of a cabinet which was not attached to the wall this was extremely dangerous
The room did not have tea or coffee making facilities – nor was this offered.
There is no fridge
The Safe was very old and did not work
We paid a fee for a room that should have at least had these items and which should have been checked before allocation, many of these items are simple to rectify
and there should be no excuse as it is advertised as a 3 star hotel.
Finally the breakfast which was included was the worst I have ever
encountered by far on many of my extensive trips abroad . An example
was a sad bowl of melon, stale bread for toast and dried out salami
and sweaty cheese (served on a table with rusty legs). As for the coffee we should have known as many of the guests had brought their own. All of this served on an unlaid table – there was not any cutlery out with a dirty tablecloth . The member of staff on duty looked like she was in pain at doing her duties and was poorly dressed for restaurant service.
The pool was ok.
Very budget – do your homework before you book!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Simonkts, General Manager at Euroclub Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

Firstly I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your 24 hours stay as you booked standard room for 4 persons for 1 night at Euroclub Hotel. Without any extra like air-con / old and not working safe ??? tea and coffee making facilities .which they are all not free of charge . so how come you want them in your room for free ? Excuse me did you have looked to our web-side . did we advertised as a 4 or 5 star hotel . to give you what all 4 star hotels give it but they charge for them or they rise them prices which some of them 2 or 3 times more than us
The hotel was and still extremely busy at times you was there to now. I of course replying to your review as I believe each review deserves its answer. It took me some time to answer your review as I had to do some research and wait to someone will agree with your review But it is always great to receive positive comments after poor one
I was sorry to read that you were unhappy with your recent stay. I have looked into your comments.
I do wish you had brought these issues to the attention of the Duty Manager or the housekeeper during your stay as any issues could have been immediately rectified to make your stay a more enjoyable one. It is so easy for people to tell us when things go wrong .
We do and try to serve a variety of different foods on our buffet breakfast to cover all of our guests tastes. I am sure you can find some good foods there to eat not only the salami your try to show in your photo.
It is always uncomfortable for us when some guests want to check- in as soon as possible when they arrive when they know that the check- in @ 14.00 PM and the check- out @ 11.00 AM as you was there at the hotel @ 11.00 AM and your room was not cleaned to our usual high standards and the previous guest still there.
..BUT you reliant
on the over friendliness of the staff , so I sent two of cleaner to your allocated room immediately , you had free drink in the 20 min waiting your room key ,which by right I can easy tell YOU to come @ 14.00 PM to have your room BUT WHAT WE CAN DO WITH OVER FRIENDLINESS OF THE STAFF
There many different tour operators/travel agencies them guests need the special requests
Early check- in , late check –out , lake view , sea and pool view ,tea and coffee making facilities , air-con , safe in the room etc. I feel sorry for the miscommunication occurred concerning which leaded to the dissatisfaction in them vacation and I would like to inform whom booked or like to book with us, that at any time you have queries or you are in need of information about our hotel facilities, you are most welcomed to contact me. with pleasure I will assist you.
Please put into your consideration, special requests as we all know cannot guarantee them by the hotel .for exp late check –out some guests have them night flight @ 22.00 PM and want keep the room to 19.00 PM free of charge sometimes we can sometimes not
Please Have realistic expectations and be gracious. our hotel is Great value for money . The staff and I do the best we can to improve our standards day after day year after year and we are happy to see many return guests are back and they can see the big improvement
I do agree with you it was to ‘’ Hot hot hot ‘’ this summer But I do like to rename your review as ‘’ to Hate hate hate ‘’ which only God know for what reason .any way thank you for your review
We hope, you will give us the chance once again to host you at our resort in the near future. But next times not for 24 hours . you can have one week with us and one week with your time share holiday .which I believe they are have something to do with your review photos

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Arrived with confusion that the hotel didn't know of our booking. this was sorted by the manager and we were given a room straight away. Some problem with fax machine caused the misunderstanding. Rooms very basic. But really clean. Fresh towels and maid service every day. Toilet rolls supplied every day which was a bonus. Entertainment within the hotel was quite good. Bus station just around the corner. 2.40 euro for a pint of local
"Cisk". Some bars sell it for 1 euro !!!! we got a small fridge for the room for a couple of euro per day to keep the drinks cold and a fan for the room as well as it was exceptionally hot. even though there's a ceiling fan in each room.
The staff were very friendly and everyone seamed approachable. Especially the manager, (Sayeed) who sorted out any little problems we encountered. His attention to detail is excellent.
Please don't expect the Hilton for the budget price you pay here, that's unfair. But this hotel is really good value.
The pool is small, but all you need it for is to cool down anyway. And there's an inside one as well. There power cleaned every day and obvious chemicals.
It's centrally located to shops/ bars/ beach/ transport. There's a supermarket across the road "trollies" that's one of the cheapest.

Two problems with the resort itself.
Bar toilets need to be addressed as all seemed to be missing the toilet bowl seats.
Public transport is a joke.
While it's cheap, there is simply not enough buses. Arriva have taken over and it was explained to me that most of the original drivers failed their test. The remainder went on strike(when the rosters were changed) and were sacked. Drivers were recruited from mainland Spain and U.K. but they don't really know the routes yet. RESULT not enough buses. Warning Q's are non existing at bus stops and when the bendybus arrives it's a free for all !!! It's no fun standing in 33 degrees for 3 quarters of an hour in Valetta. And another thing, what happened to offering your seat to a lady who may have to stand for the same length of time......even one who was clearly pregnant !!! Thanks dad you thought me well.
Back to the hotel,bad points.
Rooms could do with some tea making facilities.
Bar male toilet door should be fixed and seat placed back on. (this is probably more down to the people who use/ abuse it).
We will be back here next year we hope. Seldom do we go back to the exact same place but this is one of them.
TOMMY & MARGARET.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank onceyourhappy
Simonkts, General Manager at Euroclub Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

We appreciate all feedback from our guests, good or bad, as it allows us to constantly monitor our performance in each of our business areas.

Throughout the whole of our team we strive to offer the best in service and product so that our guests want to return to our hotel time after time. For the most part we are successful and have a very loyal guest list that return to us often.

The satisfaction of our guests is of paramount importance to us, which is why we do indeed offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and as mentioned before all feedback are used to continue improve our standards.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the nice comments about the cleanliness and the service you have received from the Hotel team.

The team have loved having you here and are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Malta
Kind Regards
Sayed

Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed at the Euroclub for 3 nights in the height of the Maltese summer. The hotel is situated in a built up tourist spot with shops, restaurants and the beach all on your doorstep. I got a fantastic late minute deal for the hotel and cannot complain for the price I paid. My room was a single room; small but perfect for a solo traveler. The room had a cute little balcony which was nice to sit out on in the evenings. The room was quite hot and a fridge and aircon would be ideal. The hotel staff are friendly and extremely helpful. I telephoned the night before my arrival and the manager kindly arranged for airport transfers. I will definitely stay here again, the hotel is a perfect base for exploring the beautiful island of Malta.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank lisamarie2011
Simonkts, General Manager at Euroclub Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review.

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future.

Once again may I thank you very much for your report and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Euroclub Hotel

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Staff could not have been more helpful and friendly! We had booked a superior room but did not have tea or coffee making facilities but had brought our own, so no bother. The fans in the room are not extremely effective and are quite noisy - perhaps I should have reported this fact. Breakfast was adequate but would agree with previous reviewer - eggs could have been cooked better and another choice of cereal would have been appreciated. The whole hotel was clean although shabby, the towels were replaced every day and the bedding changed regularly. My only comment on cleaning would be that it would have been nice to see that the floors of our rooms were at least brushed if not washed at least one during our stay.

Room Tip: Book a superior room and be sure that the upgrades promised are in the room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna186258

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Euroclub Hotel for your holiday. Your feedback on Trip Advisor is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.
I am very sorry to read your disappointment with regards The Eggs could have been cooked better the way you like it. I will Think about another choice of cereal but believe me. I will end up with 10 another choice of cereal or more to lived up to all and your expectations. The superior room is not only have the tea or coffee making facilities and you know that. any way
. I have taken notes of your comments regards the floors cleaning and will forward them to the concerned department for immediate action. Perhaps if you have been reported This fact to me in your stay I think Your feedback it will be A Great Budget Hotel

Once again may I thank you very much for your report and my team and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future like many of the return guests, when I am confident that you will see a big improvement.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
0.6 km away
1.1 km away
San Pawl Hotel
San Pawl Hotel
#11 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Euroclub Hotel? Share your experiences!