Lol.travel
Trip.com
StayForLong
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

Booked for four days didn’t even stop there had to go to another hotel lost £433 I don’t even think rats stop there horrible place that needs shutting down staff very rude and hotel disgusting.This hotel gives Malta a bad name. The advertising of the hotel is probably from about 20 year ago and should be updated. I asked to speak to the manager and and the answer I got was that he was too busy. Absolutely disgrace of a hotel & management.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2020

Stayed here for 9 days after our orginal hotel was closed we loved it all staff were great chef was amazing and food was delicious room was clean and just a short walk to the beach so much so were booking to go back

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank beverleym787
Reviewed 22 March 2020

We have booked all-inclusive holiday via your website. Considering the current situation with COVID-19, after arriving Malta were put into 14 days the quarantine - but knowing that we have the highest level of service paid for we expected that we still would be able to enjoy our holiday even when staying in the hotel. However, we couldn’t be more wrong. First impressions of hotel very dated and smelly. The staff in the hotel was not customer friendly, the quality of the service was below the bad. Hotel and area it is in are so filthy it's put me off visiting Malta ever again. All-inclusive was a proper joke! Travel company must visit this hovel and seriously review where they send their clients.

Day 1 – 13/03/20 FRI
We have arrived to the hotel around 5pm, after check-in we went to our room. On that day we haven’t received any food or drink. The tap water was not drinkable, there was no kettle in the room either.
Day2 – 14/3/20 SAT
The breakfast was brought to our room – it was 1 toast with ham and cheese (no butter in!) and a croissant bun. The “meal” included 2 small take away coffees. We haven’t received any other drink.
12:47 – lunch – baguette bun with minced meet and fries and one chicken drumstick the second tray contained cooked from frozen vegies, 4 dumplings in tomato sauce and some noodles in spaghetti sauce. We have received also 2 bottles of water (0.3l) and 2 apples.
There was no other food or drink provided on that day.
Day 3 – 15/03/20 SUN
The breakfast was brought to our room – it was 1 toast with ham and cheese (no butter in!), small cupcake a croissant bun. The “meal” included 2 small take away coffees. We haven’t received any other drink.
We have not received any lunch.
I have contacted the reception to find out why we haven’t received any other food – as a response to this at 17:30 we have received some food. It contained some unknown type of meat, fried potatoes, some vegies, and was cold. We haven’t touched this as it looked and smelled disgusting.
I have contacted reception in order to get some kettle – as it was not provided in the room. And we have no drinks provided at all (tap water was not drinkable). As we had All-Inclusive option we have also asked for tea, coffee and sugar – we were told what we are not entitled to have those things as the hotel is not providing room service facilities. We got the number to the shop next to the hotel – so via WhatsApp we have purchased some basic goods from there (coffee, tea, sugar, some fruits, butter, bread, cheese and ham) and the goods were delivered to our room, we have paid by cash.
Day 4 – 16/03/20 MON
We have not received any lunch again.
At 5pm I have contacted the reception to find out why we haven’t received any other food again. And I said that I will describe all this situation and will send it to the “Time of Malta” to show how the hotel treats the customers. After 10 mins we have received food – which was even more disgusting than the day before so I refused to take it and I have requested to speak with the manager. I had described all the situation to the manager who was only able to advise that they do not provide room services – considering the fact that I had All Inclusive Holiday booked that was just a joke. As the manager was rude we had a little argument, as the hotel purely doesn’t care and respect the customers I closed the door in from of his face. After few secs he knocked the door again – with completely different attitude, he was polite and we had conversation about what we have and what we have paid for – manager felt a bit ashamed so he brought us a bottle of vine as an apology and a pizza for dinner.
We wanted to do some shopping but the shop stated that they are not happy to take money of us claiming that this may be infected with virus.
I have posted on Facebook group for Polish people on “Malta” the question if anybody could help us and buy us some food and deliver to the hotel – thankfully there were some good people who offered help.
Day 5 – 17/03/20 TUE
The breakfast was brought to our room – it was 1 toast with ham and cheese (no butter in!), small cupcake a croissant bun. The “meal” included 2 small take away coffees. There were 2 bottles of 0.3l water and 2 apples.
No lunch.
Around 3 pm I have contacted the reception with question why we haven’t received any lunch again? And I have stated that as a quest who has all-inclusive paid for I want BBQ chicken and fries. After a while the manager brought BBQ chicken and fries.
I have informed him that we would like to go back to our country, as this is ridiculous what is happening in this hotel. The only problem was that we didn’t know how to sort it out – as on the arrival we were told that we are under 14 days’ quarantine and we are not allowed to leave any earlier under the penalty fine of 1000E. The manager has informed us that this is not an issue to go back and we can leave anytime we want.
We have booked tickets for 18th of March to leave Malta early in the morning.
We had paid the transfer from the hotel to the airport, so we expected that the drop off service would be provided. However, we have been informed by the reception that because of the fact that we are leaving earlier we are not entitled to use the shuttle bus services. This is not our fault that we have left earlier – but the hotel’s quality of the room and overall service during the quarantine forced us to do so. The staff is completely not customer friendly, they do not care about the customers (ALL INCLUSIVE!!), and the only option to get a bit of their attention is threatening them with “Time of Malta” article about the hotel. Ridiculous.
Anyway I had no other choice but to order the TAXI - that cost us 30E to get to the airport.

definitely NOT RECOMMENDING this place!!!! It should be closed and burned down!!!

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank GosieQ
Reviewed 15 March 2020

I booked the Santa Maria hotel and it was closed got sent across the road to san Anton in bugibba. Booked for 4 nights b&b had to pay 50 euros refundable deposit. First impressions of hotel very dated and smelly. Got key for our room it was disgusting see photos smelly and disgusting state, didn’t bother asking to change rooms I guess they were all the same dirty smelly and dated. Phone did not work in room no tv remote no tea making facilities had to pay 3 euros if you wanted a kettle 4 channels on tv. Room full of mould and dirty. Do not book the Santa Maria coz you will get sent here which is a disgrace they shouldn’t be advertising the hotel if it’s closed. And this hotel should be closed too. Went for breakfast terrible toast ham and cheese and cereal was the offering waste of money. Avoid like the plague.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank eyecandy2016
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

Not as bad as some make out, the rooms are adequate and cleaned daily. The staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast also decent. Didn't eat the evening meals so cannot comment. The grounds are lovely although the pool was not in use

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Louis T, Owner at The San Anton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. We are happy that we met your expectations and we hope to see you again at The San Anton Hotel in near future.
Kind Regards