All reviews rod jarrah front desk the general manager manassas battlefield dinner menu a great stay next morning hotel is located northern virginia room was large plenty of parking clean hotel coffee maker beds were comfortable continental breakfast jiffy lube coupon
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Have stayed here many times and always find it a great place to stay. Well seasoned professional staff and never an issue. Full service hotel, quality breakfast, rooms are always nice. Close to everything you need and next to I66 for quick access.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank TheRenownedTraveler
mnzbf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear aaronmatheny,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We always look forward to your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Rod Jarrah, GM

Reviewed 31 October 2017

There are two Route 234 exits from I-66 and I took the one that wasn't correct for this property. Exit at Exit 47, then it will be easier to find. I drove around for a while hunting for the Inn.

I had a little trouble checking in as there was no one at the desk, and after giving a hearty "hello?" still no one showed up. About 10 minutes later with other guests waiting with me to check in I finally was helped. No real apologie. Pretty much the same thing at the bar..."hello?"

The place is OK. My bathroom was in need of some attention with some goo on the doors jams and chipping on the door itself. Not terrible, but I wouldn't let that go at my own home without doing some cleaning/fixing. But the room was nice, and roomy.

There is a place within a few yards, the City Grill, which was decent for a dinner.

Overall, location trumps small problems.

I am an IHG Member so I often stay in their properties. This one was fine, but very average. meh

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank pawwap
CorporateHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

We are sorry that you had a hard time finding our property. Although our hotel shows up the popular map programs, I will inform corporate to update the listing to show Exit 47 A.
Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

So I had points with IHG. Booked a King Room in advance at this hotel. Got to the hotel and it looks nice on the outside. Went to the room and the cheap closet shelf was broke and the room looked tired and in need of TLC. There was a strong odor like someone sprayed a perfume in the room - horrible. Got a new room, still same smell. The hotel is 10 yrs old and showing it's age. The iron in the room was stained and I did not want the one in our room. Took maintenance to offer three irons before I could find one that was OK to use. I tried to order room service on Sunday morning and they said that the kitchen was closed. Do yourself a favor stay at a real full service hotel. Too many choices in this area to settle on this location. When I checked out no one asked if the stay met expectations. Not the type of experience I was expecting.

Room tip: The hotel had a bar in the hotel that was nice.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MICHAEL L
mnzbf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Michael L.
I'm so sorry to hear about your expereience. We are currently undergoing renovations to update our entire hotel. As for the kitchen being closed on Sunday, we had a delayed renovation of the kitchen taking place, causing us to unfortunately close our restaurant. Please accept my sincere apologies and I can guarantee this will never happen again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We had been very dissappointed in the holiday inn down the road that we had been to for over 10 years when they made an error with our reservation, that we fled to this hotel in hope that there was a room free!

the receptionist (who was overrun with guests checking in at 6pm on a saturday night) was so great to us even though the systems were down, and was very helpful in attending to our needs after a traumatic experience elsewhere. She was happy to assist us and managed to secure the last 2 queen room for us. We had to call reservations to get the room but we were so relieved to have had a good experience here.

The room was comfortable, quiet and with all the necessities required not a bad word i could say about the place.

This hotel has gained some loyal customers through us and we look forward to returning.

Thank you!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CorporalMunchkin

Dear CorporalMunchkin,
Thank you very much for your great review on our hotel and staff. We pride ourselves on being able to provide outstanding customer service and I'm happy to hear we exceeded expectations and gained another loyal guest. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Battlefield in Manassas VA for our first time Oct 1 and 2nd, checking out on the morning of the third. The staff was wonderful and accommodating, the food delish, and the service first class. The beds were some of the best we have slept in over the years and the General Manager, Rod Jarrah is on his game. He runs the hotel with a keen eye for details, watching everything that goes on with his staff from his cell phone - even when he is away. We met him doing the night auditing early in the morning. His night auditor had called in unavailable and he was substituting for the employee. FIRST CLASS EXPERIENCE!!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank alan s

Dear Alan S.
Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel. It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.