“Foul odor. ”

Candlewood Suites Manassas
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Foul odor. When I first entered the room there were Chunks of crap on the floor that crunched and made a mess. I wiped smears of what appeared to be makeup or lipstickoff the bathroom door because I could not stand it. Two miild spots in the shower, one in the bathroom corner. Bedding and pillows smelled horrible. Could not even pull sheets up around my face. Did I mention the four odor????? When I opened my luggage the next night at the next location I got a whiff of the bad experience. Glad to be out of there and put this one behind me!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
cwsmanassas, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Virginia_Visitor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on your most recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. As General Manager, I was concerned to read of the challenges you experienced during your stay. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you were faced with due to odor in the and room was not clean up to standard.I will take a look personally to the room and make sure my housekeeping staff is doing good job so next guest do not have to face same issues. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Candlewood Suites in the future. We hope you will consider providing us with another opportunity to provide you with the levels of service we truly pride ourselves on.

Kind Regards,
Sushil Kumar
GM

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We stayed here while attending a concert at the Jiffy Lube Live concert venue. Everything was great and it was a great value for the accommodations! Location was close to Jiffy Lube live and the room was clean and large.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We arrived early to check in but there were no rooms available yet. The concierge apologized and and said a room would be ready in a short time, but we were not in a hurry because we were going to visit family. Within an hour I received a call that a room was ready. Everyone was extremely pleasant and friendly. The room was clean and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

There is not much to complain about here. Staff was friendly and our suite was reasonably clean and had good beds. The kitchenette was well equipped and usable. The windows can't be opened and the bathroom lacks venting, as well.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking out the time and filling out a survey. We are happy to know that our staff was friendly and you suite was clean and comfortable to sleep in. Please know that our windows not opening is under safety reasons but we will definitely consider your opinions to make our hotel a better fit for everyone. We look forward to having you back in the future for any of your lodging needs.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The hotel was disgusting. The hallway smelled like urine. We checked in and checked right out. After leaving the hotel there were several fraudulent charges on my credit card. This place is seedy, shady and unsafe. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi Terry T,

Thanks for sharing feedback, it's great to hear from one of our guests. I am sorry to hear that you were letdown by the overall upkeep of the hotel and you encountered issues with billing. Comments such as yours are important and relayed to the team to help point out areas that need additional attention.

In line with this, do know that an e-mail was sent to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned on your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Ronald R.