“Great ”

Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Latin, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our goal is to provide you and your guest with a casual fine dining experience where classic New England cuisine meets with subtle tropical flavors. !Let Melaza be your Place for Dining.....Enjoy Melaza's relaxed and refined atmosphere featuring outdoor seating on the front patio and back terrace. (Weather permitting). We offer Gluten Free, Tapas and Diner options.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal. Delicious rolls and garlic/mojo oil, refreshing salad, yummy coconut shrimp and grilled scallops. Service was fast and friendly and eating outside on brick patio with flower boxes surrounding us made for a special summer treat. The only slight negative was the saffron rice was tasteless.

1  Thank cohoonthego
david d, Chef/Owner at Melaza Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Our culinary team and I visit the current saffron risotto recipe and did some changes to get it more flavorful.Not in our defense, but now days with diners having so much dietary restrictions, I made that risotto skipping some main ingredients to be able to accommodated everyone dietary allergies, which we take very seriously .

After reading your comment, our team decided that's best for us from now on, to prepare two different batches.

Moving forward, we do really appreciate your honest feedback.

Best,
Chef David/Owner

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped in one evening and enjoyed a few different tapas. The plantain chips with guacamole and ceviche were particularly good. The service was fast and attentive and we enjoyed our cocktails.

1  Thank KirbyQ
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The food was excellent. I had the shrimp in garlic and white wine small plate and a salad. The hubby had the ceviche. Very, very good. We would definitely go again.

1  Thank Trakkersmom
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Very comfortable. Decor is warm and Caribbean (the owner is from Puero Rico j. Food was fresh and well prepared, and staff excellent. We ordered paella, which was pretty good, but don’t confuse this paella with the authentic Spanish kind. It is more a tasty stir fry.

1  Thank dharmaji
david d, Owner at Melaza Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hello,
Thank you for letting me know about your experience. While I'm glad you enjoyed our food, I do agree w/you 100%, but the reason I created that dish was to accommodate vegetarian, gluten free and vegan eaters, but pp keep asking the staff if they can add shrimp/chix/chorizo, I told my staffed, if they want to added on, I will do it, but indeed that's why the dish call Caribbean paella, not a Spanish traditional paella, however, next time you come up to Woodstock send me an email through our website and I will defiantly will prepare for you an Authentic Paella, Valenciana or Marinera.

We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again on your next trip to Woodstock.

Chef David Diaz

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went here for dinner after a great day in Woodstock. The food was fresh and delicious. I had the Mahi Mahi special which was perfectly cooked and served with Spanish rice. You wouldn’t expect a great Puerto Rican restaurant in Woodstock, VT, but Melaza lives up to its wonderful reviews.

2  Thank Dign89

Been to Melaza Bistro? Share your experiences!