“Brunch on the Beltline”

Neighbourhood: Inman Park
Cross street: Glenn Iris
Transit: Inman Park Marta Station
Reviewed 31 July 2017

At my sister's suggestion, a group of eight family members met at Parish for brunch on a July Sunday. My husband and I arrived early and went around back to get a peek at the Atlanta Beltline we had heard so much about. It probably helped that it was a very cool morning, because everyone walking dogs, riding bikes, walking, running, and moving along on every conceivable type of conveyance actually looked like they were having fun. Although this has nothing to do with the food at Parish, the fact that the restaurant backs up to the Beltline added to the overall enjoyment of our experience there. There is a patio on the back and also picnic tables right on the Beltline so you have a great people-watching spot. Once inside this former depot, we were impressed with the charming space. Our server was great and even with the large party, the food was delivered efficiently (we were there at 10:00 a.m. before the crowds, but a reservation would be suggested for large parties). We first ordered pastry baskets for the table which were filled with a variety of mini blueberry, carrot, and other types of muffins and scones, with jam and whipped butter, all delicious. We ordered coffees and latte as well. These kept us busy while we waited for our brunch orders which included mushroom/asparagus omelets with sides of cheesy grits, shrimp and grits, mushroom tostada and croque monsieur with crispy roasted potatoes. We had several vegetarians in our party and everyone was very happy with their selections. We had a leisurely meal and enjoyed all of it. The surrounding neighborhood is very walkable and adds to the high marks for this restaurant.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I ordered the fried chicken and it was good, but my dinner date ordered:GRASS FED SIRLOIN
CREAMER POTATOES, ENGLISH PEAS, GRILLED MUSHROOM, BLEU CHEESE BUTTER and it was amazing. Peach cobbler dessert was amazing as well. Our server was very friendly as well.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We had to wait a little while for our table, but we arrived earlier than our reservation. Well worth the wait, though. The food was delicious and plentiful. The staff are very personable, and the interior is very cool with the brick and tall windows. Bring a sweater, we were under an air vent. My daughter-in-law ordered the chicken and waffles. She said it was the best she has had, the chicken was juicy and seasoned perfectly and the waffle was huge. My son ate the steak and eggs. He said it was delicious and cooked perfectly. The cage free eggs really do taste better. My husband had the chicken benedict. He usually doesn't eat all of the bread/biscuits that come with a meal, but he (and my son) finished every last crumb of their homemade biscuits. It was a delicious meal in a place with a warm ambience. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I had my rehearsal night dinner at this restaurant after great service and food testing months before just as a couple. The service was terrible to all my guests and I. I was served last and even given a bill for my drink at the end (as the bride!) even though it was already paid for via open bar. Food took forever between courses, was stale and luke-warm, very small portions and the staff was incredibly rude. Would not recommend having any party over 3 people at this place!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Five of us. All reported very good food. Crab spaghetti, fried chicken, mussels, charred sweet potato (Excellent).