2 people are viewing this hotel
US$95
Hotels.comUS$95
DoubleTreeUS$110
AlgotelsUS$124
All reviews front desk centennial park valet parking walking distance location is great breakfast staff booked this hotel hotel restaurant great customer service the room was nice world of coca cola checking in convention center tiara downtown tabernacle aquarium
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2022

Booked this hotel for a group of male mentees for our annual Social Justice and College Tour. Checked in late and Tiara, the Assistant Manager, was able to meet all of our needs including parking for our charter bus at 11:00 pm for a reasonable rate. The breakfast bar was also incredible. Will definitely book here again in the coming years

Thank you again Tiara and Marva.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Scott Hester, General Manager at The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2022

We are honored that you brought your tour through The American Hotel. We are thrilled to read that you had a 5/5 rated experience!

Reviewed 30 July 2022

Was here with a group meeting and was treated well. Loved the Mustang artwork in my hotel room! Would have felt differently if it was a Camaro ...lol.
Food was good and staff during our meeting was efficient and friendly.

Part of the property are a bit worn like some carpeting and furniture. Bar area is convenient and I heard the breakfast was quite good.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dshafs
Scott Hester, General Manager at The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2022

Greetings dshafs - thank you so much for taking your time to write a review. Very glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience and your meeting was a success! We hope to get the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2022 via mobile

Booked this hotel because of the reviews, location and being a Hilton brand - had other options close that I could have booked but was being economical - never again!

Hotel looks like it’s been ridden hard and put away wet - wear and tear, smells, things out of order. Desk in our room had visible chunks out of it, barn door for bathroom was almost impossible to get open - list goes on.

Thankfully only there for two nights otherwise would have moved - not worth the money - AT ALL.

Room tip: Parking is a nightmare- another reason to avoid.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank schmidty_310

We are very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at our property. Thank you for the detailed feedback as it helps us pint point specific items in the room to address and repair. We appreciate your time in writing a review.

Reviewed 11 July 2022

Horrible experience!

Valet was rude upon arrival. Valet put a timer on his phone to ensure I only took 10 minutes to check in! When I returned from checking in, was told parking was full but then the next car behind me got parked. Room smelled bad, decor was supposed to be Americano but felt like a yard sale with terrible beds and bad air quality.

Elevator broke and was out of service which wasn’t a surprised after seeing condition of elevator.

Front staff was rude and unhelpful when I reported issues. It was so terrible that we left after only one night and booked another hotel for the remainder of our trip.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Scott Hester, General Manager at The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2022

Hi tamraz12345,

It's very disappointing to read the experience you had at our property. It appears that your interactions were unacceptable and I'm genuinely sorry to hear you had to look for alternate accommodations. If possible, please connect with me directly, as I'd like to discuss further and make things right for you. Ask for Scott: 404-688-8600

Reviewed 9 July 2022 via mobile

I was greeted by Tiara Jones. She was AMAZING. Her energy was so positive. And she was so helpful. I can’t say enough about her. She’s a great asset to the hotel. I shared that I would be doing valet parking and she advised me to secure it before heading out because it fills up quickly. I’m so glad she did. Since I was traveling alone, I didn’t want to park away from the hotel.

As for the gentlemen at valet, they were so kind and professional. I’d say the best I’ve encountered.

I had one minor issue that was honestly beyond the hotel’s control but it was addressed as soon as I shared it with them.

This was my first time at this hotel but it will definitely not be my last.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi kerryflores46! I'm thrilled to read that you had such a positive experience here at The American. I agree that Tiara does an incredible job - we are blessed to have her! Thank you so much for the feedback and 5/5 review. We hope we'll get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.