2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$124
View deal
Booking.comUS$144
PricelineUS$144
DoubleTreeUS$141
TravelocityUS$124
Hotels.comUS$124
travelup.comUS$161
All reviews front desk centennial park valet parking walking distance location is great breakfast staff booked this hotel hotel restaurant great customer service the room was nice world of coca cola checking in convention center tiara downtown tabernacle aquarium
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2022 via mobile

Terrible.
As a Hilton member, I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN. The front desk staff were EXTREMELY rude. Upon check-in, I was not acknowledged as a Hilton Member. (No Gift bag etc..) when mentioned, the staff looked at me as if I was wrong.
I get the overall concept of the hotel but its still a NO for me. No parking & when i attempted to ask about parking the desk clerk in training tried to "shhh" me. NO SIR.
Customer Service training for the front desk staff would be helpful.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Wms06
Scott Hester, General Manager at The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations while you were with us. Our approach and overall service execution was poor to say the least and we are using this as a tool to learn and improve. We hope you might give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2022

This is now my go to hotel when in Atlanta. Great location and staff is so friendly, helpful. Absolutely love their breakfast buffet. Brian always goes out of his way to help me. Love chatting with him.

I am always welcomed as a Hilton Diamond Member here, and have received a free upgrade to a suite every time I have requested. Room is clean, shower is incredible, bed is super comfortable, and the AC blows well keeping room at your desired temperature. The retro-1960s decor is charming too.

This property is easy to get to from the MARTA and a quick 30-minutes to/from the airport via MARTA. Highly recommend.

Room tip: Higher floor rooms tend to be quieter
Date of stay: August 2022
2  Thank maconMouse

We truly appreciate your loyalty and being a Diamond Member with Hilton! Thank you for the kind words and 5/5 review! Looking forward to welcoming you back to The American the next time you're in Atlanta!

Reviewed 4 August 2022

The location of the building is not perfect. Downtown, many homeless, old and rough. The first day I needed to park. Initial balk at $50 for valet parking at the hotel caused me to use a garage. By the time I was done in 24 hours I incurred 174.00 in parking charges. There was no resolution. It ended up cheaper to use the valet. This, however added to the cost of the stay significantly. Centennial Park is around the corner and those sights are worth seeing. Especially the National Center for Civil and Human Rights. The food in Atlanta was incredible. Considering the number of homeless, the city was clean everywhere and in every neighborhood. People were friendly wherever we went. Inquisitive and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your feedback regarding your visit to Atlanta & The American Hotel. We are sorry to hear that the parking situation became an inconvenience for your trip, but ultimately hope the on-site parking provided value for you. Atlanta is a great city, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2022

Booked this hotel for a group of male mentees for our annual Social Justice and College Tour. Checked in late and Tiara, the Assistant Manager, was able to meet all of our needs including parking for our charter bus at 11:00 pm for a reasonable rate. The breakfast bar was also incredible. Will definitely book here again in the coming years

Thank you again Tiara and Marva.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

We are honored that you brought your tour through The American Hotel. We are thrilled to read that you had a 5/5 rated experience!

Reviewed 30 July 2022

Was here with a group meeting and was treated well. Loved the Mustang artwork in my hotel room! Would have felt differently if it was a Camaro ...lol.
Food was good and staff during our meeting was efficient and friendly.

Part of the property are a bit worn like some carpeting and furniture. Bar area is convenient and I heard the breakfast was quite good.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dshafs
Scott Hester, General Manager at The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2022

Greetings dshafs - thank you so much for taking your time to write a review. Very glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience and your meeting was a success! We hope to get the opportunity to host you again soon.