2 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$249
Hotels.comUS$249
Lol.travelUS$296
1,323 results
All reviews wet bar corner room floor to ceiling windows georgia aquarium centennial park southern hospitality downtown valet atl meeting uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2022 via mobile

It was my first time staying here & will unfortunately be my last. I stayed with my partner for a week for her birthday.

Pros:
-Friendly staff.
-Nice views of the city.
-LGBTQ+ Friendly.

Cons:
-Food is so overpriced. We didn’t have any meals at the hotel. Many guests use DoorDash & meet their Dashers in the front car park. I am certainly not paying $18 for Avocado Toast.
-No Free Wifi. You have to pay $14.99 for ONE DAY of Wifi for Streaming.
-$45 per night for overnight parking with valet. Had to wait 15min for the car.
-There is no fridge in the rooms. You get that at the Holiday Inn, not sure why you wouldn’t get that here.
-The Spa has one woman masseuse & the rest are men. We didn’t know that until we got to the room where we were about to have a massage. We decided not to go ahead with the massage & we were charged anyway because of their 24 Hour Cancellation Policy. They will not ask you if you are comfortable with having men massage you prior to your booking & they let us know that they never do.
-None of the rooms have soundproofing so expect to hear ambulances, noise & any “activity” from neighbouring guests. I would ask for a corner room. I was on the 8th floor & can hear every vehicle on the roads. Also heard a couple arguing above us & it was coming right through the air vents in the bathroom. We heard the conversation so clearly that, it’s safe to say, they probably left single.
-I booked my room through AMEX Travel & as a AMEX Platinum Cardholder, & my partner too, I will definitely be contacting AMEX to not recommend their customers to this hotel.
-We couldn’t use the pool. Our hotel card wouldn’t work up there. Wanna bet you probably have to pay for that too? I didn’t even want to ask.
-I’ve had better experiences at Holiday Inn for half the price which is shocking saying it out loud.

You’re literally paying for somewhere to sleep. That’s it.

I will also say that, as someone who is not from the US, I wouldn’t recommend walking around downtown or midtown by yourself. There’s clearly a local epidemic involving drugs. I saw a lot of homeless people but many of them were on something or talking to themselves. We even witnessed someone shooting themselves up in broad daylight while we were passing through downtown in an Uber. It was sad & shocking to see. Me and my partner barely walked around regardless of the time of day. Get a Lyft/Uber everywhere.

Room tip: Get an Uber/Lyft everywhere. Don’t hire a car if you’re staying in the city. We did & we regret it. Don’t walk around downtown or midtown.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer O
Reviewed 11 December 2021 via mobile

The staff was great. There were several small issues with the room. The fridge broke, the ice machine was not working on my floor, and the phone was also not working in my room, but none of it was a problem because the staff got me what I needed asap. Jon at the front desk, and William in maintenance, fixed/resolved all the issues immediately and were extremely polite.
Also, the hotel was clean and stylish, and had everything i needed, and the location was excellent.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2021 via mobile

I stayed there for 2 nights. The rooms were dirty and some of the things my room weren’t functioning at all, such as the blinds, so the morning light would blast in my eyes and wake me up early.

Requested a late checkout over the phone and the security person answered and told me no, rudely, so I had to go downstairs to the front desk to explain that I was a Marriott Bonvoy member and that my flight got delayed, so the lady at the desk was nice and apologized for the security person’s response.

The only nice thing at that hotel was the front desk lady and the pool. Other than that everting was really subpar and kind of dirty. Would never stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank stevanzmaj
Reviewed 11 November 2021

We just arrived to the W for a nice night for our honeymoon. When we got up to our room. Our view was a literal concrete wall. We paid almost $500 for this room and the customer service was terrible, they were not willing to move us to a different room. We literally just had to cancel and they left us in a city we are not familiar with to try to find a different hotel. 0 out of 5 stars. I’m extremely disappointed and will be calling Marriott. This isn’t how you treat people especially ones on their honeymoon. Don’t waste your time or money here.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z6495ZHhannahv
Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

I am a Marriot Bonvoy Silver Elite member and this is my third stay at this location and will likely be my last.

Pros: downtown location, walking distance to several attractions, lobby and bar w/ DJ on the weekends

Cons: rooms are outdated w/ worn furniture, cost not reflective of room quality and supposed luxury, visible dust everywhere in the room, stains noted throughout furniture and walls, in room dining overpriced for the quality

I understand COVID protocols and no daily cleaning, but you can tell these rooms haven’t been deep cleaned or renovated in years. I definitely think the price should reflect that. There are comparable hotels in the area for cheaper. Don’t waste your money if you’re expecting “luxury”.

Date of stay: October 2021