“Excellent service, perfect location, and the prime rib melts in your mouth.”

57th Fighter Group Restaurant
Ranked #125 of 4,066 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I have been looking for a place that serves good prime rib. I finally found it!!You can watch the planes take off and land while dining.
I sat at the bar and the service was excellent. I will be back soon.

1  Thank Tonia L

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We love to dine outside on a pleasant evening and watch the planes taking off and landing. Everyone has always been so friendly and nice -- the hostess, servers and management, as well as fellow diners. The shrimp Creole is outstanding! On Friday and Saturday nights you're treated to a spectacular dance party. Go get on the floor!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Okay, the draw was having a good dinner in a WW2 styled French farmhouse setting containing lots of memorabilia and being able to watch the takeoffs and landings at DeKalb-Peachtree Airport up close. This restaurant delivers on the ambiance, memorabilia abounds and you can watch the air traffic coming and going. However.... (there is always a however).... I decided to make reservations in advance and I asked for a table by the window to view the runways/taxiway. I was told they could not guarantee my wife and I a table by the window, but would try their best to accommodate. Luckily we were able to get the last remaining window table when we arrived for our 7pm reservation. The view from that table was so-so and not quite as exciting as I expected (not the restaurants' fault). It was very warm as I think I heard a server state to another table that one of their a/c units was not working. The food was average. I know the beer cheese soup is hyped, but my wife and I did not find it to be that extraordinary. I had the shrimp creole and my wife and the 1/2 chicken. Again, average. I have been meaning to try this unique restaurant for a couple years and I am glad to have finally fit it into my schedule, but I just didn't find it to be a place that would be a "must do" for bringing family or friends. The dancing did start at 8pm, but again it was warm and we did not stay. To sum up: I am glad we went and tried it out, and they didn't do too bad a job, but even with the airport location and memorabilia, it could not carry the overall rating past average.

1  Thank Keith B
Reviewed 8 August 2017

OK, I admit, I don't go out that much, so maybe a good DJ and lots of people dancing, talking, eating and watching planes take off and land is more routine for some people.

If you've never been to the 57th Fighter Group Restaurant, you're in for a few surprises. There's nothing remarkable about the menu, but the setting, design and energy at the place is a unique combination.

On the edge of the flight lines for the Dekalb-Peachtree Airport, where everything from biplanes to private jets take off and land a few yards away, the energy is non-stop.

The entrance to the restaurant/bar itself is designed to look like an old, bombed-out farmhouse somewhere in Europe during WW II, complete with broken brick walls and sandbagged bunkers. But inside, there's a large dance floor, wood tables, and an ample bar. Outside, there is a welcoming dining area.

On this Saturday evening, a diverse crowd of couples of all ages moved to the beat on the dance floor. Everyone was enjoying the music and munching on tasty dishes like fried shrimp, ample burgers and fish and chips.

A great casual evening.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

What a step back in time. Great atmosphere and best steak ever! It was quite enjoyable watching the planes take off. Enjoyed seeing the old army vehicles. Easy access.