“Pretty good ”

Get food delivered
Ranked #1,436 of 4,028 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Neighbourhood: Inman Park
Description: Health-minded food hall counter dishing grain bowls, fresh salads, toasts, juices & cocktails, too.
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

We ordered food to go and it was fine. No complaints and our orders were correct. The food seemed mostly fresh.

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ordered from Recess for the first time a almost 2 weeks ago. We both ordered the Harvest Moon salad. I substituted romaine instead of the kale. We also ordered the veggie plate. They were both delicious! So delicious I ordered the veggie plate the next day, and the Harvest Moon salad everyday after that. I started adding
extra citrus onions and marbled potatoes.

My boyfriend and I ordered the Harvest Moon salads this past Sunday. Instead of adding extra onions they didn’t put any on mine. Instead of putting the dressing on the salad It was on the side, which it never came that way before!

The turmeric slaw was missing & the broccoli wasn’t charred. I called, the worker stated he checked and saw there were onions on both salads! “No, Sir, I am looking at this bland salad with no onions!” He was rude and talked over me! Finally he asked what did I want him to do about it! We had driven a total of 40 mins to and from to get an order that was wrong! Be apologetic! Not to mention it was around 5 p.m. and it was my first meal of the day right after a 5 mile walk!

I know what it should look like, I’ve ordered this same salad at least 6 times! I drove back another 20 mins to get another salad! The worker wouldn’t even look at the salad when I brought it back! He told me to keep it because they couldn’t take it back! He didn’t even apologize for the inconvenience! I should have asked to speak to a manager.

The new salad still wasn’t right! That’s when I noticed the turmeric slaw was missing! I was so disappointed! I had been posting the salad on social media, telling my friends and family to go there! I am all for consistency with restaurants!

Check your food before you leave! The picture is what it should look like with the extra onions and marbled potatoes. I was so disappointed I forgot to take a picture of the 1st one and the one I had to drive back to get. Picture no onions, regular broccoli instead of charred, and only 3 pieces of the broccoli. I ended up throwing away most of the 2nd one that I drove back to get because it was still not right!

My last experience is why I gave this a poor review!

Check your food! Check your food!

I know this is a lengthy post. This is the first time I ever gave a poor review. I usually only post good reviews. If it’s not a good experience (rare) I just won’t good back. This experience rubbed me the wrong way!

Date of visit: September 2020
Lauren C, Marketing at Recess, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2020

Rasheda,

Please excuse the delay in responding to this feedback and we regret that the last few dine out experiences with us did not meet your expectations. We would love the opportunity to connect directly if you would still be open to it. Please email lauren@chgrestaurants.com if you would be open to a brief discussion. We hope to earn your trust back!

Take care,

Lauren

Reviewed 31 March 2019 via mobile

Went to the Krog Market during my short business trip and was delighted to see such a great lunch option. Friendly staff, food came quickly and it was delicious.

Date of visit: March 2019
Lauren C, Guest Relations Manager at Recess, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2019

Thank you for dining at Recess! It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

I love the location and I've been there three times in three weeks, every time I tried a different restaurant. Recess is so far the most extravagant with uncommon dishes. I live their bowl and the one with chickpeas was incredibly tasty. However nothing tastes like I'm used to, that is, they prepare their dishes in a completely different way and I was speechless when I try the beetroots and I like them. Well done.
I give 5 stars to the service.

Date of visit: November 2018
Lauren C, Guest Relations Manager at Recess, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Maggotyler,

Thank you for dining with us at Recess, and we are thrilled to read that we were able to impress you with our originality and service. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Take care,

Lauren

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I treated a Friend and we both enjoyed our food. She had the mushroom burger which has nuts. She ate it all And said it was tasty. She didn’t know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.

I had the curried cauliflower and avocado toast. Both very tasty -curry mild. Toast had nice avocado mash, thin slices of Radish and sunflower sprouts for garnish. My two dishes seemed a bit overpriced for the quantity, particularly cauliflower but healthy so... I will definitely try Again when I’m back at Krog.

Date of visit: September 2018