“Grreat Food - Great Service”
Review of Cafe 640 - CLOSED

Cafe 640
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ponce de leon
Reviewed 5 February 2016

We were staying at the Highland Inn, after viewing the interesting menu we decided to have dinner the Highland Cafe. There were 8 in our party we were served quickly. The food was excellent as was the service. The waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful to explain the menu and assist with our selections. There is a bar in the restaurant with a good selection of beer and wine but lacking in liquor varieties. You will be delightfully pleased when the check arrives, very very reasonable. Overall this was a wonderful dining experience

Reviewed 22 December 2015

I hope Cafe Highlands gets credit for this review. Cafe 640 closed, and Cafe Highlands is a new venture opened only 5 days, though not yet listed on TripAdvisor.

They're off to a great start. Attractive new interior, good menu selection, attractive prices for such a zooty neighborhood.

I got the Smash Burger, 2 local angus patties with pimento cheese, stacked with fixings. I substituted collard greens for fries. Everything was excellent, service was prompt and very courteous.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

I visited Atlanta just for one day, but determined to have some Southern food. When I asked the direction to where I was going to stay, I was told there was an iconic restaurant next to it. So Here I was. I had PO sandwich and that is fried shrimp and salad in ciabatta ( look like one, ) and Southern style chips. Batter is really crispy, it's like Tempura , and delicious. It's rather shame I don't have a larger stomach to finish it !

Reviewed 2 November 2015

decided to close up shop, and are now out of business. shame, as while we were not regulars had been by more than once and always enjoyed a good time. good luck on future ventures my friends

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

Had the new salmon burger and they don't have it in the description but it is very very lemony. I love lemon so it was absolutely delicious. They're very laid back, decent prices if you stick to appetizers and sandwiches. The bigger dishes go over $10 but sounded good. Nice hang out lunch for my boyfriend and I.