“Worth a stop by for a beer!”
Review of Der Biergarten

Der Biergarten
Ranked #125 of 4,117 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Opening just in time for Oktoberfest 2010, Der Biergarten gives Atlanta residents and visitors a true taste of German culture. Located Downtown within the Luckie Marietta District, Der Biergarten fills a citywide void of beer gardens and authentic German fare while providing world-class service in a festive, traditional atmosphere. Co-owner Wolfgang Hartert, a local resident and native of Germany, provided much of the inspiration for Der Biergarten. As he says, “Atlanta needs a restaurant like Der Biergarten. The significant German population and business community in Atlanta is begging for an authentic dining experience. I know that Der Biergarten will provide Europeans, just like me, a place to share the rich heritage of Germany with American friends.” Der Biergarten is made up of an elegant white tablecloth dining room, an alley with Fussball and table shuffleboard, and, of course, the indoor/outdoor beer garden. With traditional family style seating -a la Munich- and multiple flat-screen TVs, the beer garden is the best place for watching European or American football! Enjoy our authentic German cuisine while being surrounded by Bavarian décor, such as the hand-painted trompe l'oeil ("illusionistic") murals by Alexi Torres Alonso and a German-manufactured model-railroad that circles the restaurant.
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Right around the corner from the CNN center, we were walking to the car and decided the traffic could wait. Had a litre of German beer and a real pretzel. I am sure the food was good also, but we couldn't linger any longer.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

My wife lived in Germany for three years before we were married and has eaten a lot of authentic German dishes while living there. She was excited to have the opportunity to try out this restaurant. The restaurant/bar was tastefully decorated for the Thanksgiving/Christmas season, with lights and garland. Being the first diners of the night, we were greeted and seated promptly. Our friendly and personable server, Osman, took our drink orders and provided us with time to examine our menus. On his return with our drinks, he delighted us with his artful description of the dishes of interest and his own favorites. The sweet tea, White Russian and Apfelstrudel MIT Vanille drinks were throughly enjoyed.

The food was brought out in a very timely and efficient manner. My wife enjoyed her Goulash Suppe while my daughter and I enjoyed our Jagerschnitzel and Two Wurst Platter, respectively. Our traveling trio enjoyed sharing a Crispin Honey Crisp to finish up our German epicurean adventure. Our enjoyment of the food was only enhanced by the attentiveness and helpfulness of Osman, our skillful server.

The prices were reasonable, which delighted this frugal (some say “cheap”) traveler. This restaurant is likely to be our go-to restaurant when we have our next hankerin’ for German cuisine while visiting our daughter.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Totally overwhelmed and beyond expectations. Not sure exactly what I was expecting but went beyond. Value Value Value. The Sauerbraten was excellent and I'm pretty versed in sauerbraten. Don't plan on finishing it though as it is enough for two despite the $16 plate. Add the potato pancakes (appetizer) as part of the entree though and skip the frites. Friend had the jaegerschintzel and it was excellent as well. What a gem this place is. $84 for 3 dinners, a Dunkel and glass of Pinot can;t be beat. Close to everything downtown. Will definitely recommend and return the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Had a night out here during a conference... totally impromptu we had 40 people and they handled us like they expected to see us! Staff was super, food was good and it was a really fun time... the food is rich. its not for the dieters that is for sure. The beer is top notch, and that is from an Irish guy who considers himself a bit of a beer snob. the service was really good... like i said we had 40 people and they just kept sending helpers in so that we felt like we were the only ones in the place. I commend the staff and the management... well done folks... when I am back in the ATL I will be back - promise!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Before I begin, I would like to note that my family and I lived in Germany for a while. That being said, is the food a perfect replica of traditional food? No. But it is extremely similar and full of flavor and comforting spices you would find in Germany. The goulash is thick with a kick of heat. The kraut is fabulous and the beer selection is out of this world. There is something for everyone. Our kids loved it too. There is a train that goes around the ceiling when the kids push the button. Perfect entertainment so the adults can enjoy their food and drinks. This is my second time here and I still love it. Special note, for Veterans Day weekend they offer 50% off for military/veterans!