“Great Food”

The Porch at Collier
Ranked #1,504 of 4,307 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I just had a great business lunch here at the new location. I had the hamburger and it was tasty and cooked to order. The staff kept our drinks full and was very friendly. I will have to bring my wife back here in the spring to eat on the roof deck.

Date of visit: December 2012
3  Thank kmonstrola

Reviewed 26 October 2012

The Porch at Collier was an unexpected pleasure. The Wait Staff were friendly, helpful, easy to talk to. Our table, on the roof-top porch, was perfect for enjoying not only a delicious meal, but also for watching a beautiful sunset and subsequent moonrise. We shared an appetizer, the hummus, and all agreed it was not only tasty, but also presented nicely. I also had the Clam Chowder (ok, this was Yummmy, But, in my opinion it could have been served at a hotter temp, Or, in a Tall Bowl -- instead of a low, shallow bowl) My husband had the Filet Medallions, and, after tasting a bite, I had to agree with him that this was a delicious choice. I ordered the Grilled Salmon, and also got grilled asparagus (instead of potatoes). The Salmon was moist, tender, and prepared perfectly. The portions were generous, so we all walked away comfortable and very happy. Would I recommend The Porch? Absolutely!

Date of visit: October 2012
2  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We ate recently with my son and daughter-in-law and had a very nice experience. It's a short menu compared to some places, but everything we had was well prepared and thoughtfully presented. The service was quite good, though as the place filled up our server became a little overworked. Or...he was so attentive early on that we got spoiled. Even when he was rushed, it was good service comparatively.

One of the best things about this place is that the bar area where folks congregate is isolated from the inside seating for dinner...so noise is not an issue. We were there from about 7 to 9 and were never aware of much noise.

There's some outside seating, but we chose inside. Not too much to say otherwise except that I'd certainly return.

Date of visit: May 2012
5  Thank OldGuyPete
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I had a very enjoyable lunch of shrimp and grits. The hummus appetizer was good and we kicked back for a leisurely repast with a nice glass of wine. The atmosphere was calm, pleasant. The server - please forgive that I forgot her name - was helpful and a wonderful host.

6  Thank JohnB57Jonesboro
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We brought a big party into a restaurant with that was not even 25% full and they still managed to have slow service. The check situation was a nightmare and the waiter was totally unreasonable. Will never got back here again. I give this place 6 months max.

Date of visit: March 2012
2  Thank reaganj40

Been to The Porch at Collier? Share your experiences!