“Nice Italian neighborhood place”

The Porch at Collier
Ranked #1,490 of 4,147 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Had a hard time finding the new location for this place that was recommended by co-worker. Had lunch both times we visited. There was a good Italian selection and other interesting menu items. The prices were reasonable. The atmosphere was a bit dated but pleasant non the less. I believe this would be a better spot to visit with a crowd in the evening for drinks and appetizers as a third of the restaurant dedicated to a lounge area full of big comfy leather couches. The pastas we ordered were cooked perfectly and the salads, soups and appetizers were fresh and tasty. The staff was very attentive. Would go back again.

3  Thank Krys G

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I just had a great business lunch here at the new location. I had the hamburger and it was tasty and cooked to order. The staff kept our drinks full and was very friendly. I will have to bring my wife back here in the spring to eat on the roof deck.

3  Thank kmonstrola
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The Porch at Collier was an unexpected pleasure. The Wait Staff were friendly, helpful, easy to talk to. Our table, on the roof-top porch, was perfect for enjoying not only a delicious meal, but also for watching a beautiful sunset and subsequent moonrise. We shared an appetizer, the hummus, and all agreed it was not only tasty, but also presented nicely. I also had the Clam Chowder (ok, this was Yummmy, But, in my opinion it could have been served at a hotter temp, Or, in a Tall Bowl -- instead of a low, shallow bowl) My husband had the Filet Medallions, and, after tasting a bite, I had to agree with him that this was a delicious choice. I ordered the Grilled Salmon, and also got grilled asparagus (instead of potatoes). The Salmon was moist, tender, and prepared perfectly. The portions were generous, so we all walked away comfortable and very happy. Would I recommend The Porch? Absolutely!

2  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We ate recently with my son and daughter-in-law and had a very nice experience. It's a short menu compared to some places, but everything we had was well prepared and thoughtfully presented. The service was quite good, though as the place filled up our server became a little overworked. Or...he was so attentive early on that we got spoiled. Even when he was rushed, it was good service comparatively.

One of the best things about this place is that the bar area where folks congregate is isolated from the inside seating for dinner...so noise is not an issue. We were there from about 7 to 9 and were never aware of much noise.

There's some outside seating, but we chose inside. Not too much to say otherwise except that I'd certainly return.

5  Thank OldGuyPete
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I had a very enjoyable lunch of shrimp and grits. The hummus appetizer was good and we kicked back for a leisurely repast with a nice glass of wine. The atmosphere was calm, pleasant. The server - please forgive that I forgot her name - was helpful and a wonderful host.

6  Thank JohnB57Jonesboro

Been to The Porch at Collier? Share your experiences!