“Wish I could give 6 stars!!!”
Review of Ray's in the City

Ray's in the City
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's in the City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 4,066 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Andrew Young International/Harris
Transit: Peachtree Center Marta station
Description: Enjoy the hustle and bustle of city-life while dining at this quintessential Atlanta destination.Enjoy fresh seafood flown in daily, made-to-order sushi and classic steaks & chops, combined with our professional and knowledgeable service staff to revel in an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Our visit to Ray's this past week was outstanding. The food was delicious, but the service was spectacular. Teresa was one of the most accommodating people I have ever come across. I'm not sure of her exact position, but I assumed it was some sort of manager. She went out of her way to make sure that we were seated when there was a miscommunication on reservations. She even came back to our table to make sure that service was satisfactory. You don't see this kind of commitment from people anymore and it was refreshing to see!!! Teresa is a true asset to Ray's and we will be returning soon!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

My mom, daughter and I enjoyed dinner here after a long day of shopping. We are pescatarians and decided that many of the sides and appetizers looked great, so we opted for that experience. Our waitress was most accommodating and we had so much food that we were unable to finish even half of what we ordered.

My daughter got Cesar salad and mussels, the mussels were great, the salad was not her favorite, but huge! My mom and I got several veggie sides, salads and lobster risotto all were amazing. They also had a nice wine selection and desserts. Not sure where you would park to eat here, we stayed at the Ritz and walked over, but uber would be a good option.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Excellant service and food. Two canadian broiled lobster with sauteed spinach. My son had the seafood platter with green beans and mashed potatoes.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The food here was just ok, the entrees were a little to fancy for my tastes. What ever happen to just keeping it simple and good without all of the new presentations? Stay away from the key lime pie it is not the real deal.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

First the ugly - Downtown Atlanta traffic. This is out of Ray's control and I realize that. It took me 10 minutes to drive 1 block. Needless to say I was late for my reservations. My fault for not planning ahead. I didn't fault Ray's for this.

Next the bad - I asked to be seated in the bar thinking this would be easier for them since I was a party of 1. I just didn't want to be seated AT the bar. When I got there I had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated. This wasn't an issue since i was late for my reservation. The hostess apologized but I sincerely told her that it was my fault for showing up 30 minutes past my reservation. They were VERY accommodating. Problem is they seated me at a table for 4 back by the entrance to the kitchen. This I can live with again, considering I am a party of 1. The waiter came over and took my drink order. After that the service pretty much sucked. Again, I understand - I'm one person, he won't make much off of one person but hey, I may come back and bring friends... My table was so close to another table of 8 that the waiters & waitresses and patrons who had to pass by to another section of the restaurant had to brush up against me and the gentleman seated at the corner of the table of 8 - continuously. This was an issue. So the only reason I didn't get 5 stars is for service and the way we were crammed into that area.

Finally the good - Puget Sound oysters on the half shell - good. I wanted a bone in filet but their bone in selection for that night was a beef short rib so I opted for the filet. It was cooked to perfection. I ordered a side of Brussels sprouts and they were excellent. The whipped potatoes and crispy onion were a nice addition.

If it weren't for the downtown traffic I would recommend and if I was ever back in Atlanta, I would return but I may look for something outside the downtown area. All in all a good dinner.

1  Thank Travelers4rwe