“Pre-Valentine ”
Review of Ray's in the City

Ray's in the City
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's in the City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 4,117 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Andrew Young International/Harris
Transit: Peachtree Center Marta station
Description: Enjoy the hustle and bustle of city-life while dining at this quintessential Atlanta destination.Enjoy fresh seafood flown in daily, made-to-order sushi and classic steaks & chops, combined with our professional and knowledgeable service staff to revel in an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I believe when a patron comes into an establishment they should be greeted. To me a greeting sets the tone. That being said, the hostess smile was warm and inviting, our party was taken to our table shortly after. From that point on the service did not disappoint. Our waiter was engaging and knowledgeable about the specials and regular menu.
The Oyster Rockafella left me wanting more, it was devine. The beverages from the Peach Martini to the perfect sweet tea never ran low.
The lobster rostto nice and creamy full of flavor.
My daughter and I shared the Cold Platter that suggest it could be shared by (4-6) people, only if you are having it as an appetizer.
The others in our party could not stop eating and commenting about the food taste and quality.
Now you ought to complete a fine meal with a wonderful ending. Weather it's coffee or cake. Our party went for several different desserts. We all sample one another choices, personally the Pecan Praline Basket held my attention with it's buttery and creamy taste that paired well with fresh fruit and ice cream. However the six layer slice of Red Velvet Cake made a great impression on my taste buds.
In closing it was a lovely night, great service, and wonderful food.

1  Thank lakaisha h
Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I have been here several times and can't say enough about this restaurant, A1 service, very good food, awsome atmosphere and.....hey live Jazz playing....what more could you ask for! Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank griffinjo
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Our visit to Ray's this past week was outstanding. The food was delicious, but the service was spectacular. Teresa was one of the most accommodating people I have ever come across. I'm not sure of her exact position, but I assumed it was some sort of manager. She went out of her way to make sure that we were seated when there was a miscommunication on reservations. She even came back to our table to make sure that service was satisfactory. You don't see this kind of commitment from people anymore and it was refreshing to see!!! Teresa is a true asset to Ray's and we will be returning soon!!!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

My mom, daughter and I enjoyed dinner here after a long day of shopping. We are pescatarians and decided that many of the sides and appetizers looked great, so we opted for that experience. Our waitress was most accommodating and we had so much food that we were unable to finish even half of what we ordered.

My daughter got Cesar salad and mussels, the mussels were great, the salad was not her favorite, but huge! My mom and I got several veggie sides, salads and lobster risotto all were amazing. They also had a nice wine selection and desserts. Not sure where you would park to eat here, we stayed at the Ritz and walked over, but uber would be a good option.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Excellant service and food. Two canadian broiled lobster with sauteed spinach. My son had the seafood platter with green beans and mashed potatoes.